My First Picture Attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from opus

Status
Not open for further replies.

opus

I thought I would get my feet wet here on the picture page, I'v been lurking for a couple of weeks, the information I've gotten has been incredible. This is my first Baron and probably my 20th pen overall.
Blank is Eucalyptus Burl, upgrade gold Baron finished with BLO/CA.
I've spent most of my time her learning to turn, now maybe I'll spend a little bit on learning how to take a good picture!

Thanks
Scott (aka Opus):)

200511103732_IMG_0063.jpg

200511103913_Uncapped%20Baron.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Hi Scott, Welcome, great looking pen, you picked a good kit and a nice stick of wood. great job.

Okay, ax the beadspead, table cloth, or fine blue tooth towl. LOL Go to a craft store like JoAnns, for under 10.00 you can come out of there with nice fabrics and some cool paper backgrounds, buy these things that are non reflective or at least low relfective. A fine pen like the one you made, deserves a fine background, not blue carpet. Thank goodness shag carpet went out of style or we wouldn't see half the PEN! see ya around.

Anthony

opus

Anthony,
I got a good laugh about the bath towel...I wandered around the house looking for a good background, tried the bedspread, carpet and assorted towels before I decided on the blue towel from the guest bath!! LOL I'm going to figure out something better for next time. Thanks everybody for the warm welcome
Scott

C. Scott

Your first attempt at a pen photo is good! That great looking pen shines in the photo. I've gotta try a Baron now, BUT I have to sell some more pens first [;)]

wayneis

Scott in order to take good photo's of this type you need to use macro and a tri pod or copy stand. Turn off the flash and use high wattage lights. Several people I know, including me have started using day light florensent baulbs that you can get at Home Depot or hardware's. With macro shooting a tri pod of some sort is very nessessary because any little movement will cause blurring. If you look in in my photo album I have a pic of my copy stand that I use and with a little work you could even make one yourself. I bought this one on ebay from someone that makes them. The really good ones cost several hundred dollars but this one cost about fifty bucks, it just does not have all the bells and whistles.

If you look at our photography topic there is some very good tips there and also I put a web site that sells a book that is very good at showing how to set up a desk top studio and how to shooy good photo's.

Wayne

opus

Wayne,
I looked at a bunch of posts from you and others about photography, I think a copy stand would really help, I should have used the Macro setting, but without a tripod I found the pics too blurry. I think I might go get a tripod today and try a few more.
Thanks for the advice, hopefully my pics will improve and I can get an album up.

WoodChucker

Scott, great looking pen! I have some eucalyptus but I'm not sure if it's a burl or not, I hope so because yours is beautiful and I'd like to try some.

I see Anthony found someone else to pick on about there background,lol. Don't worry, he gives me a hard time about it too, but the nice thing about him is, well darn it, I had a thought but now I can't remember what it was. [:D]

R.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom