My first pepper mill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jbswearingen

jbswearingen

I actually turned this a couple of weeks ago, but have been waiting for good weather to shoot pics. I use my light box outside so I can get "perfect" white light.

Burmese Blackwood; kit is from Rockler. BLO finish. Just under 7" tall and HEAVY.

DPP_0377Medium.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerH

I have toyed with the idea of trying to make some, but when I went to the evaluations on Penn State, there were tons of horror stories about the kits being very difficult to make work. What is your opinion after making your first?

BTW, I think your finished product looks beautiful. Very nice proportions.

jbswearingen

I have toyed with the idea of trying to make some, but when I went to the evaluations on Penn State, there were tons of horror stories about the kits being very difficult to make work. What is your opinion after making your first?

BTW, I think your finished product looks beautiful. Very nice proportions.

Thanks for the praise! I hope the recipient likes it as much.

It's a cake walk. It took me three hours because I was nervous and I've always had a difficult time "picturing" something in my head the first time I do it. Once done, I had a grasp of it and figure the rest should be easier.

If you buy the steel grinder set, get the longest one. Then you can just cut the drive rod down to fit. Peen the edges over (it'll make sense when you see it), then epoxy it to the grinder.

I'm gonna try the ceramic type from CUSA next; I have three of their kits waiting.

jbswearingen

And here's another from today; I should get another done this evening. They do get easier each time you make one. I'm hoping these will sell!

Olive wood, BLO, 8.5" tall.

DPP_0380Medium.jpg

DPP_0382Medium.jpg

Top Bottom