My first pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from aprayinbear

aprayinbear

Only the beginning,

I know there are a million folks out there who have probably made a pen just like mine, but it still feels great having just completed my own Atrax Fountain pen. I purchased my blank and kit from Exotic Blanks (great people to work with!) I ruined one blank with a slip of the gouge, salvaged the tubes and forged ahead. No problems after that. All in all I'm very pleased. This one will be a gift for a good friend who is headed to graduate school next month.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Nice pen and a first at that. The fact that you only lost one blank in your learning process ,is not bad,at all. Many of us had more accidents in our first attempts. Keep up the good work. I now sense your family members will be getting some nice pens for a b'day or Christmas.

BSea

Actually, the good thing about making pens is that there isn't one that's exactly like the ones we make. Everyone is a different, even if you use the same blank, and the same kit. Good job! :good:

Fishinbo

You are off to a good start. Your pen looks good. I'm sure that your friend will appreciate it, it has nice colors and great finish. Well done!

Sataro

Very good looking pen! And being your first also makes it very special. Great job on that first pen!!!

eranox

I would never have pegged this as a first pen. Beautifully done! I'm sure the recipient will agree. Welcome to pen turning!

aprayinbear

Thanks again guys!

I sure understand now why turning pens is so addictive! My dream is to practice enough and gain the skills to make kitless pens. I can't afford all the dies, etc. right now, but I did make my first pin chuck today to fit the barrel for the Atrax pen. I want to try a closed end Atrax next. Learning as I go......

Thanks for all the support!

Top Bottom