My first pen stands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from patmurris

patmurris

Made out of a plank i found at the local dump. I was planning some more elaborate and thinner stands, but the tinted wood happened to be plain pine so i went the easy way and they are a bit 'heavy'... at least they do stand up solidly! I nonetheless like the contrast between the pens and the raw unfinished pine. Comments and ideas are all welcome. :rolleyes:

Pr%e9sentoir%20Stylos%2001_800.jpg

Pr%e9sentoir%20Stylos%2004_800.jpg

... and all together:

Pr%e9sentoir%20Stylos%2006_800.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

I like them! They really make the pens stand out, especially the darker shade woods. Why do we need the fancy ones - these are functionally superior...
icon14.gif

kludge77

I like the shape! The pine does draw my eye though. My only input would be to hit them with some paint.

White or a similar neutral

Lee K

nice.
i just made some of a similar design last week out of some 1x6 birch I had laying around.

I like the horizontal one, I may have to try that too .... good job!

glwalker

I like what you've done, but here is something I've done:

A few times I've taken some very nice material, silk or other, and drape it nicely over my very basic/home made pen holders. Fancy gold, silver, burgandy... or whatever shows off your pens best. Turn the edges down, a little wrinkle hear and there and I end up with a what I think is a very classy looking display. I'd provide a pic, but its at a customer's ocation. Have fun!

monark88

I think you just restated that sometimes, in the least, simple is better. I like the black a bit better over the wood. Yes, less distraction.

I will be 'borrowing' your idea soon.
Russ

Top Bottom