My first non-wood pen....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from punkinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkinn

turned out (pun intended) quite nice, if I do say so. The photos don't show the nice, crisp gloss for some reason... take my word for it, it's like glass. :D

91a.JPG

91b.JPG

91c.JPG

I also turned a piece of Asian Pink Coral Tru-Stone but there was literally NO design in it at all, so I didn't even assemble it. This is the first time I've not been thrilled with something I got from CSUSA. [B)] I know there are variations in patterns with these things, etc but this was literally all pink - no white design at all. Oh well. I do like the acrylic (above)... wow non-woods are really very easy! No grain to fill, and finishing is much simpler.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and instructions on drilling, turning and finishing alternative materials!

Nancy :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Beautiful work, Nancy. Obviously you paid close attention to all the suggestions you got and added your touch to finish the project.

Sorry to hear about the other blank. Unfortunately, that happens on occasion.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Great looking pen. I like the MOP. Widh you would have posted the Asian Coral also. I've got a buyer that wants a pink pen. So far the only thing I've come up wuth is pink ivory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom