scottsheapens

C&C welcome. It's a first for me.

Attachments

• Cedar-natural-edge_edited.jpg
    Cedar-natural-edge_edited.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 285
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scottsheapens

I am planning to spray it with Poly. It's been so rainy in South Carolina I have been waiting for the air to dry out a bit before spraying it. Yes - eastern red cedar.

robutacion

Yes, it is a very pleasant to look at, piece.

That branch "hook" would be a tremendous hand destroyer if was positioned the other way around and as the lathe rotates, fortunately for you, it endup the right/safer way...!

If the wood was very dry, you could have made it a little thinner on the wall, you should only go, as far as you confidence levels allows you to.

You never had much bark to work with from the start, as the first thing that fall out from the log/slab when the wood dries, is the bark so, you may have had none there to start with but if you did, it would be very loose and it would come out as soon as the lathe turned unless, you had used the thin CA to glue it in place and make it all more solid to work with, that is what we all have to do, is 90% of the natural edge pieces we make...!

I like it, anyway...!

Cheers
George

Fay Prozora

I know that scary feeling. I just did my first bowl too and I was so afraid that the wood would come flying off the lathe and hit me in the head.. Thank God it didn't. That is one pretty bowl. Fay

Top Bottom