My first Knife

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rdunn12

rdunn12

Learned a lot making this knife.
1. It is harder than it looks.
2.Tape off the blade BEFORE beginning work.Although I taped it off,I soon found out more is better.:biggrin:
3.These blades are Sharrrrp!
What do you guys think about it?
Oh the handle is made from African Blackwood with a little sapwood.

alout.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I hesitated to even comment on another knife related post but WTH, nice work Ronald, send it to me and I'll product test it for you........

rdunn12

It is a skinning knife Butch.See the gut hook.Or it could be used in a slasher movie.Believe me it has slashed me more than once.My thumb hurts.

Nice job sir.I like it.I want to start to cut knife scales from my lumber(you know I have some walnut that would make pretty knifes).Keep up the good work,happy holidays,and talk to you soon.Victor

sparhawk

Great job on the knife Ron. Is that a bought blade or did you make that out of something yourself?Totaly wicked look and functional too. (Skinnig deer not people:wink:)

keithkarl2007

Great job on the knife Ron. Is that a bought blade or did you make that out of something yourself?Totaly wicked look and functional too. (Skinnig deer not people:wink:)

yeah where did you get the blade, a friend in work is a taxidermist, he got me a few pieces of spalted beech and yew and would like to make something like that for him

rdunn12

The blade is from North Coast Knives.Here is a link to the blade page where I got that blade.http://www.northcoastknives.com/northcoast_knives_Blades3.htm They are reasonably priced and these are some of the easier ones.They offer a lot of different types.Be sure you get the brass pins you need.All they are is 1/8" brass bar stock.You may already have that around.The hardest part is the shaping,and getting it the same on both sides.Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

Top Bottom