My first kitless pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hertzogcraig

My first kitless pens, turned it with a rod I poured, what a great feeling knowing that. Lots of flaws but also learned a lot along the way with this one.

Attachments

• CFE52B8B-1555-4140-97C9-37C05A27206F-COLLAGE.jpeg
    CFE52B8B-1555-4140-97C9-37C05A27206F-COLLAGE.jpeg
    462.8 KB · Views: 110
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Look great for #1. Each one will be a learning experience and the process will become easier.

You did not ask for comments but I will offer two. Adjust your internal section threads so the nib unit goes in further and the end is not exposed.

Also, I personally would like to see the pen and not props and tabletops which, for me, distract my eye from focusing on the pen.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

hertzogcraig

Look great for #1. Each one will be a learning experience and the process will become easier.

You did not ask for comments but I will offer two. Adjust your internal section threads so the nib unit goes in further and the end is not exposed.

Also, I personally would like to see the pen and not props and tabletops which, for me, distract my eye from focusing on the pen.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Yeah that was actually one of the flaws on this one. I had it drilled deep enough for the collar of the nib to sit inside but when I went to drill, it chipped a good bit off the outer edge. Since I already blew up 3 nib sections before this one I didn't feel like starting over again lol. So I just improvised and chamfered the hole and said go with it.

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it

d_bondi

Really nice first pen.
I like the material, good job on that. I have not tried casting my own materials.
Pretty gutsy to try a flush fit of the cap and barrel on a first pen and it turned out nicely.

I like going kitless because it makes my pen making dollars go further. It really gets fun with your own casting because you can cast with the finished pen in mind. I'm sorry you have fallen into this pit of insanity, but now you are here enjoy your stay. The pen looks good. Take notes and don't be afraid to try something new with each pen.

Top Bottom