My first fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EarlD

EarlD

I'd forgotten how good a fountain pen writes! I hadn't used one in probably 30 years. My first one is this Jr. Gent II Rhodium in an Antique Pewter Lucite blank from Exotics. The tubes and inside of the blanks were spray painted black and it's finished through 12,000 mm and One-Step. Can't wait to show this one to some friends at work.

This is also my first attempt at using HDR on photographs.

Pen0991HDRSmall-Copy.jpg

Pen0993HDRSmall-Copy.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tage

Nice work, beautiful pen. How was the lucite to turn? I've been thinking about trying it. I really like the depth.
BTW - I've heard that painting the inside of the blank is a good idea, how did you manage to spray paint the inside of the blank?

ToddMR

Very nice first fountain pen. I think the choice of blank worked very well with that pen too. Good job!

EarlD

Nice work, beautiful pen. How was the lucite to turn? I've been thinking about trying it. I really like the depth.
BTW - I've heard that painting the inside of the blank is a good idea, how did you manage to spray paint the inside of the blank?

Tage, spraying the inside of the hole is super easy. First put a latex glove on your left hand. :) Then hold the blank in the left hand, put the spray can right at the hole and give it a short blast. Turn the blank around and do it from the other end. Then I use a compressed air hose to blow through the hole. Any excess paint will be blown out (and it will splatter). This leaves a nice thin even coat inside the hole. Quick and easy!

EarlD

Tage

Tage, spraying the inside of the hole is super easy. First put a latex glove on your left hand. :) Then hold the blank in the left hand, put the spray can right at the hole and give it a short blast. Turn the blank around and do it from the other end. Then I use a compressed air hose to blow through the hole. Any excess paint will be blown out (and it will splatter). This leaves a nice thin even coat inside the hole. Quick and easy!

EarlD

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I haven't been totally happy with results when just painting the tubes. Thanks for the tip on the glove, definitely something I would have learned the hard way!

Top Bottom