Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JTaylor801

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Jerry,

It looks like a very well made pen. If I may offer a slight critique, I think your work could be better evaluated with a picture that focuses on the pen, rather than focusing on making an artistic photograph.

Also, some of us lazy folks don't care for thumbnail postings.

FWIW,

TBone

Originally posted by JTaylor801
<br />Thanks James. This isn't my first....but it's the first that I'm posting online.

Been there......heck still there [:D]

From what I can tell of the picture (eyes ain't what they used to be on small pics) it looks good. Finish and fit both look good from what I can tell

Rifleman1776

Hard to tell much about the pen from your picture. Use a background that is close in shade (not necessarily color) to the pen. Pen looks OK but close examination difficult as picture is so dark.

mrcook4570

Artistic photos are great for casually displaying your pen, but if you're looking for a critique, the pen must be the well lit and stand out from the background.

gerryr

I will echo what a few others, including Cav and Stan have said. If you want a critique, use a lighter background and crop it tightly. It's a very good photo, but relatively useless if you really want a critique.

kf4knf

Nice work Jerry! I am actually the type that likes a dark backgroud! I say maybe a touch more light on the pen but keep the background the same. [:D]

Very nice choice on the wood/components. Keep up the good work!

Maybe this would be a better subject to get opinions on. nicely done, now that we can see it.

2006112011627_cig_boc_m4.jpg

kf4knf

I guess he took the easy way out - Photoshop! lol [B)]

Looks even better except I am seeing a purple area below the pen... Or is it just my monitor going?

davidrei

In order to critque, it would be helpful to know what your intent was. What material? What finishing process? The pics look very good, and if your intent was a satin finish, you seem to have accomplished it very well. If you were going for a glossy finish, it either isn't there or you need yet another photo with more direct lighting.

Keep up the good work.

Tangboy5000

The purple is probably from the velvet, that happens when you play with the levels in photoshop. Fit looks good. Finish could be shinier, but I love everything shiny as can be. Barrels look a little fat, but not overly so.

bgray

I agree with everyone about the darkness if your intent is for us to critique...

However, I really think that your photo is great for other purposes. That would be a great photo for a website homepage or background, or as an icon or logo.

And it looks like it's very well made, as well...good job.

JTaylor801

Originally posted by Tangboy5000
<br />The purple is probably from the velvet, that happens when you play with the levels in photoshop. Fit looks good. Finish could be shinier, but I love everything shiny as can be. Barrels look a little fat, but not overly so.

It's not velvet...it's black muslin and the purple isn't in the org. photo...must be something in however it was reposted.

Jerry

JTaylor801

Originally posted by bgray43050
<br />I agree with everyone about the darkness if your intent is for us to critique...

However, I really think that your photo is great for other purposes. That would be a great photo for a website homepage or background, or as an icon or logo.

And it looks like it's very well made, as well...good job.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom