My first bowl...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from killer-beez

killer-beez

Once again I am attending the 'School of bowl making' by Russell Eaton (of IAP). Russell is taking time out of his day to teach me how to turn a bowl. I thought to this point that all I wanted to turn was pens. Not so after finishing the first class of 'School of bowl making' by Russell Eaton. Even though Russell actually turned the bowl, I helped to finish sand the piece. Next week I graduate to sharp pointy tool thingies that chip out wood.

Attachments

• DSCF3963.jpg
    DSCF3963.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCF3964.jpg
    DSCF3964.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 153
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russell Eaton

What he didn't say was I showed a lot of ways not to turn a bowl.... LOL. Had fun though, and next week it will be all Greg! I will play on the little lathe(where I belong). Russell

robutacion

Nicely done...!:wink:

People sometimes surprise themselves when they find out what can be turned in a wood lathe..! Bowls are certainly a lot of fun to make, and a very useful item to have, the hollowing "think" which is what scare people off, is easily resolved just by taking some notice on what tools are suggested/recommended/made for that same purpose!

Just turning something "different" every so often does help the monotony of the repetitive work:cool:

Whatever you turn, just have fun doing it!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom