My first bottle stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

To celebrate my 100th pen, I decided to finally try one of the bottlestoppers I've for three months. Did't want to use any "good" wood, so I cut a piece of Poplar from a 2x2 that I had.

This is what I ended up with. It's on a chrome stopper that I had purchased. I have since learned that SS is the way to go and have some of those too, but I fugured I need to use the chromes and my first would probably just as good a place to use it as any.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_5986a-web.jpg
    IMG_5986a-web.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 213
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Good job on your first turning venture outside of pens. Mixing things up is a lot of fun.

ohiococonut

Nice!
Sometimes I get bored turning pens and decide to turn bottle stoppers. Unfortunately I draw a blank stare sometimes until I start turning. Believe me you can make some pretty ugly bottle stoppers. I have a special place on my bench for these ugly ducklings, and trust me, they're not lonely :redface:

kludge77

Nice!
Sometimes I get bored turning pens and decide to turn bottle stoppers. Unfortunately I draw a blank stare sometimes until I start turning. Believe me you can make some pretty ugly bottle stoppers. I have a special place on my bench for these ugly ducklings, and trust me, they're not lonely :redface:

I turn mine into shop drawer pulls.

Helps me to know that even worthless turnings can be useful! :)

Top Bottom