My Father In-Law Update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wolfdancer

Banned
Well I will start from the begining.I should add that he is only 80. My father in-law went to the hospital 12 days ago with chest pains. They checked him in and did, a die and endoscope check on him. They found that 70 to 90 percent of his heart was blocked off again. So they keeped him in the hospitol until this last monday morning he went in for his secound triple by-pass. They started by getting what good veins they could from his legs. Then the cut him open and hooked him to the by-pass machine. Then this is where it started to go wrong. Everytime they would try to do anything with his heart, they found it was thin and tore every time they touched it. Well 11 1/2 hours later the got off of the by-pass machine. They had to put a ballon around his heart to get it to stop bleading. He has 15 differnet meds dripping into him, from IV's. He has been being kept in a coma for the last 4 days and will be for at least untill this weekend. Yesterday he went into a bad heart erythema. So it was back into surgery to get the ballon off his heart. Know he has pneumonia, and his kidnys are starting to fail, as well as the heart problems. At this time they are still saying he probubly wont make it. Its been really hard the last few days around here.

I know there are not many of you folks on this forum that like me but I just wanted to update the few friends that I have over here. Thanks for your prayers.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I know there are not many of you folks on this forum that like me but I just wanted to update the few friends that I have over here. Thanks for your prayers.

Rodney - First, you and your family are in my prayers. Second, your last line troubles me. I'm a fairly avid and long-term reader of the forum. While I can't say we are friends, I certainly have no reason to dislike you. I think you will find a lot more folks in the boat with me than folks who don't like you. And friends or not, I can certainly empathisize with your situation. As a fellow human being, I certainly pull for your life, as well as the lives of all members of our community, being more full or joy than pain. I believe you are already seeing some compassion being directed towards you in the responses posted. Hang in there. We're pulling for you.

OldWrangler

Rod, our family shares it's prayers with yours. Whatever is supposed to happen will, that's just how it works and we have to accept it. When the Sheperd needs you home, modern medicine is no match. Best of luck.

Jim Smith

Rodney,

You and your family are in my prayers. I've been through something much like that with my folks and it is very difficult. Please take care and know that there are folks out there that are praying for you.

Jim Smith

nava1uni

I hope that your father-in-law is comfortable and not in any pain. Bodies can only survive so much and then we must let them take their natural path. I hope that you and your family have support and can be gentle and kind with each other during this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

td

Banned
Rodney, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to pray for you and your family. Some of us being so far away, the best thing we can do is pray for your Father-In-Law to be as comfortable as possible and send wave after wave of good thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Take good care,

rlofton

Rodney - Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this tough time. Thanks for sharing this with us.

tbroye

Rodney

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 2 years ago this month I went through something simular with my youngest sister. Some time it is better to let them go. Peace Rod

flyingmelon

I don't know anyone on this list personally. I don't share a lot about myself on here. I don't know that I would have the courage to ask strangers (some stranger then others) for prayers for a family member. By you and others doing so it shows that this is more of a community then a topical forum. I am not one to share my thoughts very often on personal matters but I do know that I have received more from this group then just how to improve my skills as a pen crafter. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Also with everyone else in this community. Thank you for letting me be a part of this family.

bitshird

Rodney, I'm sorry to hear about your Father in law, I feel very sad for your family, the stress must be horrible. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts, I hope that if he must leave this life he does so in comfort and with dignity.
To the best of my recollection, I've never had any issues with you, and I wasn't aware of any that I'd presented to you.

Top Bottom