MY Emperor's new groove

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Thanks Everyone! It would be awesome to see it grace the front page!

I think the cat escaped from the bag, so let's say Dawn and I look forward to adding Johnathon as our newest partner!!! I have often recommended him for "custom" pouring---we hope Exotics will allow him more time for pouring and he will enjoy the chance to create even MORE new ideas!!

Look for his blanks soon--we will certainly let you know when they arrive!!!

Thanks for saying "Yes", Johnathon!!
(I still miss Shea on the forum!!)

Sorry Ed! I guess I got a lil excited :rolleyes:. Shea said she's gonna create a new name since her old one is with her maiden name and get back into the posting game!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Don't be SORRY!!!!

WE look FORWARD to having you join us and will make a big splash of some sort!!:confused::confused::confused:

Just keep pouring!!!:biggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes::biggrin:

wiset1

Will these be sent out in a mailing list to let customers know they have arrived at exotics? I plan to buy a grip of these ;-)

hewunch

I saw this in person today. And while Jonathon is really good at taking pictures, the real deal is even better!

seamus7227

Jonathon, you snuck this one by me! Unfreakinbelievable! Thats about all I can say, congrats on your success and never stop the madman creations!

Brooks803

Exquisite ! So is it Bakelite or PR.?

Not to steal J's thunder but it is what he calls "Fakelite" PR poured to look like the real deal. And it is MIGHTY fine looking stuff too.

Lol...you're not stealing any thunder Hans. I'm trying to think up a better name than "fakelite" though....but "alternative 1930's vintage plastic redone in modern medium" just takes too long to say :eek:

So yes, this is PR. Silmar 41 to be exact. Cast by me to resemble vintage bakelite with the translucent colors and whispy swirls inside.

alinc100

Not to steal J's thunder but it is what he calls "Fakelite" PR poured to look like the real deal. And it is MIGHTY fine looking stuff too.

Lol...you're not stealing any thunder Hans. I'm trying to think up a better name than "fakelite" though....but "alternative 1930's vintage plastic redone in modern medium" just takes too long to say :eek:

So yes, this is PR. Silmar 41 to be exact. Cast by me to resemble vintage bakelite with the translucent colors and whispy swirls inside.

how about "Brookstone","Brooksalite","Brookrylic"??????

As you can see I have way too much time on my hands.

Andy

PenPal

Jonathon,

To produce a pen blank of such class is a great acheivement, the spirited blues are exciting.

I have never cast a pen only admired some pens that are cast being extremely partial to novelty blanks made by the masters on this site.

Coming from the era when fountain pens were those must have items that incidentally caused so much grief with wrecked shirts, ink run outs, perished bladders they are a little like button up boots were for my Dad born in 1906 lived to 2001.

Retro appearances succeed on their merits your pen needs only a family name since reproducing identicals is unlikely a unique name. There is alot to learn from "The good old days" a lot to forget as well.

Viewing your pen over and over as I have and not so many pens command this it is outstanding in its own right with the privilige it deserves. Forecasting continuous success for your pen making is certain with your attention to detail showing through. You sure moved Hans both in replies to holding it and admiring.

There are oportunities for reflection bask in it with your pen then go for the next special blank. Have success.

Kind regards Peter.

Brooks803

Thanks for the name advice guys...keep'em coming!

Jonathon,

To produce a pen blank of such class is a great acheivement, the spirited blues are exciting.

I have never cast a pen only admired some pens that are cast being extremely partial to novelty blanks made by the masters on this site.

Coming from the era when fountain pens were those must have items that incidentally caused so much grief with wrecked shirts, ink run outs, perished bladders they are a little like button up boots were for my Dad born in 1906 lived to 2001.

Retro appearances succeed on their merits your pen needs only a family name since reproducing identicals is unlikely a unique name. There is alot to learn from "The good old days" a lot to forget as well.

Viewing your pen over and over as I have and not so many pens command this it is outstanding in its own right with the privilige it deserves. Forecasting continuous success for your pen making is certain with your attention to detail showing through. You sure moved Hans both in replies to holding it and admiring.

There are oportunities for reflection bask in it with your pen then go for the next special blank. Have success.

Kind regards Peter.

Peter, I've said this before I and I'll say it again. I TRUELY love reading your posts (and not just the ones on my threads either :wink:) You have such a way with words. You really are an inspiration and I just wanted to say Thank You. I also printed out your post here and the one you sent via PM to be put up at my casting station as an added reminder of why I love doing what I do. Again Sir, I Thank You :biggrin:

Top Bottom