My Christmas gift and its new bench...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

whteglve

Here is a pic of my new lathe I got for Christmas. I also made a workbench to sit it on. At first I thought that the bench was going to be big enough but now I'm not so sure. The whole bench was made from scrap that I had around the shop too.

Attachments

• Workbench1.jpg
    Workbench1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 388
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Atherton Pens

Nice present! No matter how big the bench, it never big enough always need more width, length, space behind, space above, etc., etc. just keep adding on, when it fills the shop, get a bigger shop. Understand where this is leading? You never have enough to feed the addiction.

PenMan1

On a serious note, that IS a beautiful bench. You may want to consider putting drawers and shelving below it. I am so spastic that I could never have my tools behind my lathe. I rarely turn off the lathe when changing tools.

On more than one occasion with my tools behind the lathe, I reached for a different tool and REALLY got "caught up" in my work.

Putting drawers and doors beneath the lathe on the front side would make your work environment more enjoyable AND if you use matching wood for the drawers and doors, it would really show off your beautiful bench.

Respectfully submitted.

Top Bottom