My blank cutting bandsaw sled

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

My version of Bandsaw Pen Blank Sled

My old one was sorely in need of upgrading to a smaller, lighter and more accurate version. I ran across the thread above and figured it looked easy enough. About 30 minutes and a few scraps around shop and I'm a happy camper. The only change I made was to leave the stop the exact length to the kerf so I can interchange different spacers on the tube side for the amount I want to over cut the blank.

Unfortunately the toggles I have extra are too big. Next time I'm at woodcraft, I'll pick up some of the mini's to put on there to hold everything nice and tight.

Attachments

• IMG_1076_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_1076_1 (Custom).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,113
  • IMG_1077_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_1077_1 (Custom).jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 877
  • IMG_1078_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_1078_1 (Custom).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_1079_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_1079_1 (Custom).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,427
  • IMG_1080_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_1080_1 (Custom).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_1081_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_1081_1 (Custom).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimDantin

I really like the idea of the removable spacers.

Question -- you show the blanks on the left (as you face the saw). It seems like you should build the jig so that the blanks are on the right so you could cut them from a long piece of stock and not be limited by the <14" opening of the saw.

I'm just getting started with all this, so please excuse me if I'm missing some reason to build it as shown.

Carl Fisher

First of all, welcome to IAP :biggrin:

Probably not a bad idea. It would just require moving the stopper to the other side of the jig. I'll have to take a look at that as it would be easy enough to swap over.

I hadn't thought about it because typically if I'm dealing with larger stock (spindle blanks and such), I'll take them down to rough size first and then finish them up on the jig.

Top Bottom