Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
bambo.jpg

please let me know what you think.

laurie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
hey janet,

this was the most expensive wood i've found.......free.....[:D]. as a locksmith in a big city, i drive all day and stop when i see something different. this was being cleared out of a backyard in a highend home. i find stuff like it almost everyday. thanks and yes i remember the "Big Bamboo".

laurie

OSCAR15

Laurie....Love your work..Very original and unique...I have seen folks use flooring and I have seen bamboo blanks sold....How does it turn?
Being a fairly hard material, I wood imagine it turns easily...Please
let us know.

thanks oscar15, or can i just call you oscar. it was great turning, i had just sharpened my 1/2 in. gouge, so cutting was easy. the finish was 3 coats of thick CA. the 2 blanks are side by side cuts, not end on end and at the seam of the hollow. you know what i mean.

laurie

redfishsc

I'm in the middle of making and entire kitchen out of bamboo (veneer). Makes a very WILD looking kitchen but that's what she wanted. I wouldn't mind seeing the process they use to make bamboo veneer (or, as we call in our verbally challenged shop, bambeer venoo)

Go to your local hardwood flooring supplier and see if they have any bamboo flooring cutoffs. It will look a little different from the VERY NICELY MADE pen above but it's still cools stuff. Has a sweet smell when you start sanding it. You get tired of it after sanding 25 cabinet doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom