My best Amboyna yet.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Petricore

Petricore

amboyna_gent_capoff.jpg

amboyna_gent_full.jpg

I have to say, I made this pen with the intent to sell it, but DAAAANG I don't know if I can now. It is one of the most gorgeous pens I've ever made, and even better in person !
I cannot say enough for how much I am in love with it... Do I keep or sell ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Beautiful work. I know the feeling about making a pen that is beautiful beyond original expectation to the point that it says" Keep Me, Keep Me! :D Keep the first one, Make another one and sell it! :D

Nolan

Man that is awesome, do you recall where the blank came from? It not going to be easy coming up with one to top that.

JohnU

Wow, Great Color and grain! Better than perfect blank! I would have a hard time deciding too. I alway say keep when Im that happy, but always end up giving it as a gift.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Linc,

There are two pens I have sold that I regret. NOT because I SOLD them, but because I sold them TOO CHEAP. You are already smarter than me.

Decide what you think it is worth, double it, and if someone gives you that kind of money, it should assuage your pain for parting with it.

I sold a gorgeous white cobra skin a couple years ago. Never have found another skin like it. Shucks!! But I keep looking!!!

bitshird

Thats a keeper, but every thing has a price, even a killer hunk of burl like that, it may sting until you feel the wallet grow fatter, but still it would be hard to part with;););)

marcruby

That pen is one of those that is an inspiration. If you sell it take a lot of pictures. I have a better idea -- give it to me and I'll lend it back to you whenever you're feeling low.:):D:)

Petricore

Originally posted by n4631x

Man that is awesome, do you recall where the blank came from? It not going to be easy coming up with one to top that.

I recall it came from YOU. I ordered it about a year ago and just recently uncovered its beauty. So if you have any more that will top it let me know ;)

Nolan

Originally posted by Petricore

Originally posted by n4631x

I recall it came from YOU. I ordered it about a year ago and just recently uncovered its beauty. So if you have any more that will top it let me know ;)

:D Let me look;)

Petri,

I know that when I quit selling pens at craft shows there was one pen in particular that I had at shows for over 2 years. It never sold, but it was one of my all time favorites. I am really glad that I still have it. I sold several that I loved and strange as it may sound, I miss them.

At least put a crazy big price on it. That way if it sells it won't be for the same as an average pen (which it certainly is not).

Great job all around on the pen. What finish did you use? It looks like it is wrapped in glass.

Ernie

Petricore

Thanks all for the responses. I have one more 2-ton amboyna blank from the same batch... I think I'm going to do another gent and see how it turns out, if its nice but not AS nice maybe I'll hold on to this one :D
I wish I could comfortably remove this blank from the gent and put it on a statesman tho... I'm not super confident in the demolition department yet, and dont want to practice on something this gorgeous.

Ernie - The finish is CA MM up through 12,000. I havent gotten into the buffing compounds yet, but soon :)

Top Bottom