My 8 year old...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DurocShark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

My kids didn't like their teachers enough to even think about turning anything for them....she must really have a great teacher!!

Was this one her 'first'? Cause if it is, she can't probably teach a few around here how to make one the right way:wink:

Scott (nice blank for the kit) B

DurocShark

thanks guys!

She does like her teacher, which is a blessing since we just moved from CO to CA and things are really a disaster here. Having a good teacher means the world to my daughter and to me.

Her sleeves were pushed up and her hair in a cap when she was turning. I forgot her hair when we went back for the polishing. I did allow her sleeves be down for the wet sanding... It's cold in that garage.

navycop

I was going to mention that she should of had the sleeve rolled up. I glasses are necessary for polishing also.
Now that I got that out of the way. Great job on the pen and the blank.

DurocShark

She really REALLY wants to do more. She's very artistic and is even able to draw in perspective (at 8 years old!!!!) To her this is just another artistic medium.

I have a feeling that if I ever get settled into a new house, I'll be buying me a new lathe, as she'll have adopted this one.

edicehouse

My 2 year old and 6 year old help me at times and gave my 6 year old a pen to give to her teacher. She was real excited about doing that. I like others with my second pen was that good!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Was it cold in the shop? In California? Great pen, beautiful daughter,you gotta love it. Congratulations on the project and time spent together.

Nick

Very nice job she did. I am glad to see more and more young folks turning.
I bet Dad is proud of her as well. great you are taking the time to giver her proper instruction.

Top Bottom