My 2nd Love Spoon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

So after the first love spoon I figured I would buy a scroll saw and some carving tools before working out a design for the second one. After having this done I wish I would have tried an easier design, but coming up with my own and working through it really helped me learn some things. First, I need to understand how difficult it is to sand and cut sweeping designs when you're just starting out :biggrin:

Anyway, here it is. A Love Spoon carved out of Walnut, with 4 brass accents. The cuts are a little sloppy and rough, but overall I'm happy with it for what it is...my second one.

8409965082_c7c85bfe2b_z.jpg

8408869999_45990e87b3_z.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

All this love spooning going on makes me want to make some! This is absolutely beautiful Tim, nice work!

After doing this I have a true appreciation for the fine detailed work you do with the coins! Think I'll heep learning the scroll saw on wood for now :biggrin:

76winger

Sorry Tim, that was poor attempt at humor. I had to go Google Love Spoon to even figure out what it was. I have never heard of them before.

wiset1

Thanks everyone. I think with time I'll come up with better designs with more fluid cuts. Also, the scroll saw and carving tools take a little time to learn, but at the end of the day...it was fun. Working on another one for my sister in-laws wedding, but that will be more traditional and a bit easier.

wiset1

Thanks again guys! Just another way to pass the time before I have to start traveling again for work.

wiset1

Thanks again for the feedback and support everyone. I figure as I keep making these spoons and working new designs I'll get better as a carver and be able to work in finer detail and thinner designs. For my second spoon I'm happy, but like my pens I know I can do better and I'll continue to push myself to try new things with different combinations in order to understand grain and cut patterns.

Again, thank you.

Top Bottom