My 10.00 Dollar Dryer for Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

This is a pile of current blanks drying beautifully in my roof. Even in the winter we have lots of sunshine and currently in the first week of summer it is really providing top conditions.

So far no distortions,twisting etc from Autumn to now, the pale blanks are really highly figured Olive Wood very succeptable to spliiting normally drying soundly.

I have used this method before but this time decided to use a 10.00 dollar (6.00 dollars US) box fan that runs 24/7. The blanks are stacked but since I cut them to get the best grain I can with the band saw and a high percentage of them are cut at right angles to the grain they sit uneven and look awkward. From the bottom ones to the top they are all drying well.There are Various Australian Mallees in Burls, a 120 yr old local grown Osage Orange and various Tasmanian Burls in other words a cross spectrum of difficult timbers to dry.

Regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0001 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF0001 [640x480].JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCF0003 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF0003 [640x480].JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 271

HawksFeather

Looks like a good set up and the price is right. It just sort of threw me a curve when I read "in the first week of summer" since I shoveled snow this morning. Then I checked your address and you are "down under" which makes a big difference.

Jerry

nava1uni

if you need help storing all that lovely wood I have room in my garage. Just send me a PM and I will send you my address and help with the shipping. So much wood, so little time. LOL:cool:

woodboys

Peter that's a good idea I wonder how it would do in Arkansas in the winter. To make sure it works you should send me a good stack so I can give you a report on the winter effects.

No kidding, you have a good looking stash going there. Best of luck on them not splitting.

Top Bottom