Must be in Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mason Kuettel

They say "if you don't like the weather, just wait a few hours" when you live in Texas.

Today:
High of 85 degrees, worked outside in shorts and a t-shirt and worked up a good sweat. My neighbors were mowing.

Tomorrow:
High of 35 degrees and dropping throughout the day. They say the wind chills could get to -10.

I know all of y'all up north will say we are wimps, but when I am looking at a heat index rating one afternoon of near 90, then a wind chill the next day of -10:eek:, my body doesn't like 100 degree swings in temperature. Anyway, the firewood is ready, the peach tree is covered (since it has been warm enough for it to bloom), and I am still in shorts and a t-shirt...for now!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

And that's why I'm WAY south and on the water: our 24 hour swings have only been around 50 degrees this winter. Good luck with the peach tree!

stonepecker

You should have been here in Minnesota the last 60 days. I don't remember a harder winter in the last 45 years.

I do understand the 100 degree swing. Hope that you enjoy the swing back later in the week.

Keep smiling........makes the wife wonder what you have been up to.

SDB777

Not quite that bad on the 'swing' here, but it's forecast for the 'winter stuff' tomorrow.....WT?

Fire up the smoke dragon and enjoy the day!!!!

Scott (those that know, know) B

flyitfast

Sitting out back on the patio in shorts reading the Sunday paper. :cool: Had to come in when it started raining. :umbrella: We do expect cooler temps later today.
gordon

Cmiles1985

This morning........temp -14.........windchill -35

Hope that everyone is keep warm.

Hey but it might hit 20 this week:rolleyes:

And THAT is why I live south...snow/cold is neat every now and then, but if I have to move snow somewhere there is too much of it!

...neat to see in tv! Here in Corpus, everyone still reminisces on the great snowstorm of Christmas Eve '04...I also like to keep that only a memory.

Cmiles1985

Amen! Luckily (knock on a pen blank) we haven't been hit since '99 with hurricane Bret. All the rest have been false alarms and either went to Houston or far enough into Mexico to not affect us.

It has been a long cold winter up here in the north this year. I know you will get it in the summer with temps in the 100 + range but I am ready for warmer weather.

mrburls

I'd rather have the 100 degree weather back in Texas during the summer then this crazy cold snow up here in Pa. at my dads house right now. I've lived here in Pa. for some 40 plus years and only had a few winters worse then this. I'm here for 3 months so I'm getting the full winter feel :eek:
Can't wait to return to Texas with my dad (who is moving in with me).
Keith "mrburls"

Whitehat1994

We saw rain, sleet and snow today. 25 degrees with wind chill 19 degrees!
I have morning car duty tomorrow morning. I am an educator at a middle school. It's going to be COLD standing outside trying to get parents to move those cars along and on their way!

Cmiles1985

This front is now less than an hour away, so I have four freshly cut ribeyes (1.5" thick) on the grill and two redbox movies waiting inside. It's the perfect Sunday night for a mesquite grilled steak then movies while it's getting cold!

Kenny Durrant

I'm not sure how to take your last reply Clark. I thought you were the one that posted a few weeks ago about being cold down south and was happy to see short sleeve and short pant temps again. I thought I took up for you being from South Texas myself saying it very seldom gets very cold where you are. Now to be honest I'm not sure how far south this front is supposed to go but I don't know if your taking advantage of the time you have before it hits or rubbing our nose in the cold. Now please don't take this the wrong way I just thought it was funny so I threw it out there. Enjoy the steaks and movie. Kenny

flyitfast

Sitting out back on the patio in shorts reading the Sunday paper. :cool: Had to come in when it started raining. :umbrella: We do expect cooler temps later today.
gordon

Well, I guess I understated the "cooler temps". It was almost 80 degrees when I wrote the above. It is now 31 degrees and going into the 20's over night.

As this thread started - if you don't like the weather in Texas, wait a few hours and it will change................

gordon

Cmiles1985

I'm not sure how to take your last reply Clark. I thought you were the one that posted a few weeks ago about being cold down south and was happy to see short sleeve and short pant temps again. I thought I took up for you being from South Texas myself saying it very seldom gets very cold where you are. Now to be honest I'm not sure how far south this front is supposed to go but I don't know if your taking advantage of the time you have before it hits or rubbing our nose in the cold. Now please don't take this the wrong way I just thought it was funny so I threw it out there. Enjoy the steaks and movie. Kenny

Hi Kenny, I don't think there's a wrong way to take any of either of our posts. The front was on its way, so I was saying I was taking advantage of the last bit of warm weather to cook. In the last two hours, it's dropped about 30 degrees. I definitely don't want to downplay the winter weather as this has been a very brutal winter for most of the country. If I have, I'll make up for it tomorrow: I work outside next to the ship channel. There's no protection from the wind in my area for several miles, so it stays chilly during the cold fronts. Luckily my garage is still warm enough to finish this segmented (a.k.a. screwed up) inlace acrylester blank. Best of luck to those in the freezing areas!

Paul in OKC

You northern guys do make me feel slightly warmer. Temp around 12 degrees all day here with -10 wind chills. Down close to 0 for tomorrow morning. Ready for spring. I take the heat much better than the cold, these days.

Kenny Durrant

My dad grew up in Montana and I love the Yellowstone Park area. My home is Texas. My goal when I get rich is to buy a place up in Montana and one in South Texas and follow the geese when they migrate. The way it sounds I might have to go into Mexico for a month or two.

Cmiles1985

Mexico sounds good today. The weather man was incorrect (the norm), and instead of a low of 39, it's currently 34 with a wind chill of 22. That's no bueno for us sub-tropical folk (or the wife's plants).

Top Bottom