Musical Notes on Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pioneerpens

Pioneerpens

Musical notes cast in clear resin. Charlies resin saver molds make casting and removal sooooo much nicer! Thanks Charlie! I'm getting better with the casting and using things inside and making some funky colors. Hope you like. All comments appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

• sierra notes.jpg
    sierra notes.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 422
  • sierra notes2.jpg
    sierra notes2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 212
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Now that's 'sweet music', Jennifer. Great looking pen.Excellent results and I fully agree with you that Charlie has the best design molds (period!!!!!):)

Steve78

Fantastic job. Did you paint the notes on the tube prior to casting? Also, thanks for the comment on 'Charlies resin saver molds'. My wife has talked about a few family orientated ideas she had for casting and as I have not tried my hand with casting - information like this is appreciated.

Pioneerpens

Thanks Steve. I glued a piece of cloth with musical notes on it to the tube. Tubes were painted black so no brass would show thru. Makes the possibilities endless really. good luck and post pics when you do

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Those are printed on cloth? Cool!!
(and thanks for the kind words!)

Did you have to paint the resin onto the cloth before pouring? I can
see lots of places for air to hide so I was wondering..

Pioneerpens

This is how i've been doing them so far, still experimenting,
1 draw a line on tube to make sure seam starts straight.
2 thick ca on that line and only glue the seam, smoothing it with a lil plastic bag, making sure that any material that has glue is on tube.
3 I roll it tight and attach the end seam, more thick ca, then thin ca all over the tube while smoothing with the plastic bag and hopefully eliminating any trapped air.

Charlie~some of my first ones had some air trapped from not wrapping the tubes tight enough...Looks uh interesting lol

Lenny

Jennifer, very cool! :)
Did you make this for anyone in particular? Would make a great gift for someone's music teacher!

Pioneerpens

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! :)
Lenny~ I made it for my daughters friends birthday~ I will be making more and hopefully be able to interest some music lovers of all kinds in them ;)

louie68

Jennifer very nice looking pen , do you have a link for charlies resin saver molds?

JohnU

Jennifer very nice looking pen , do you have a link for charlies resin saver molds?

Just PM Newlondon88 here at IAP. He's Charlie, the resin saving man. They work great and you will save tons of resin and the blanks turn down very quickly since you dont have to turn down so much.

Top Bottom