Mulberry Pot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OldWrangler

OldWrangler

Well, I have decided to take some time off from pens since Christmas is over and sales have slowed down. I also have a fair stock of maybe 150 pens now. I just finished the jewelry box for granddaughter, Rebecah and today for fun I turned a pot outta some of that good Contorted Mulberry. That tree has such nice wood and it is so easy to cut and takes a good finish.

Now this is only the 5th-6th bowl turning since this lathe is really too small to turn anything of any size. All the other bowls, bud vases and platters are around the house on shelves to remind me that someday I need a bigger lathe.

So anyhow take a look and let me know what you think of the design. I may make a top to go on it tomorrow. And I might fill in the knot with some turquoise. We'll see when tomorrow gets here.

Thanks for looking.............

Attachments

• pot 1-25-09.jpg
    pot 1-25-09.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 163
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rdunn12

I think it looks sweet as is!Nice shape and finish.The knot is just good character.I say leave it as is,maybe add a lid.I would like to see it with the lid if you do one.

Skye

Reminds me of Whinne the Pooh's honey pot.

I'd leave the knot alone. If there were more inclusions to fill, then I'd maybe think about it. With that being the only one, I'd leave it or fill it with coffee.

I'm another 'knothead", I like the knot. Also like the Mulberry.. it's nice wood, but mine does seem to have a tendency to crack.. I've just filled the cracks and left them.. customers seemed to like them as they were.

Top Bottom