MUGS ARE AVAILABLE!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Mugs are all gone except for a few I kept in reserve in case of shipping damage. I'll release those next Monday.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
@sparhawk Hugo unfortunately we are out. There are a few left that I've held back in case of breakage in shipping, and I hope I can release those on Monday. I'm surprised we sold out. I tried to estimate demand in this poll then I nearly doubled that quantity. We had a few people buy multiples, and overall demand was higher than expected, so they went fast.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
First 25 mugs are in the car ready to drop off in the morning. I found a stack of IAP car window stickers and I'm including those while they last. All in this batch got one. Should have everything out the door by Friday morning. As soon as the mugs are out, I'll set up the Donation Drawing.

sparhawk

@sparhawk Hugo unfortunately we are out. There are a few left that I've held back in case of breakage in shipping, and I hope I can release those on Monday. I'm surprised we sold out. I tried to estimate demand in this poll then I nearly doubled that quantity. We had a few people buy multiples, and overall demand was higher than expected, so they went fast.
Thanks Jeff. Busy at work and missed the opening of sales. Haven't missed a mug or cup since 2007. Need to keep a closer eye on this. If any are available after, i would like to order 1.

First 25 mugs are in the car ready to drop off in the morning. I found a stack of IAP car window stickers and I'm including those while they last. All in this batch got one. Should have everything out the door by Friday morning. As soon as the mugs are out, I'll set up the Donation Drawing.

Please send me one of the IAP stickers with my mug order, would love to get one of those.

WriteON

This is a beautiful cup. I'll take another if available.

Attachments

• IMG_2191.jpeg
    IMG_2191.jpeg
    340.3 KB · Views: 42

LouCee

Received my mug today. It might be the best looking mug so far, if not it's at least in the top two! Jeff, thank you for all of your effort on this. I'm sure the ordering, packing, shipping and everything else takes a fair amount of time. It is appreciated!

Cmiles1985

Well shucks. I went on vacation and have been paying for it ever since with the workload. I just remembered to check back for mugs and they're sold out.

They sure do look nice! Y'all enjoy, and I hope the BASH was great this year!

If anyone got an IAP sticker and does not need/want it shoot me a PM. I have a kilnerator I put stickers on for all the different companies and groups I support, would be nice to have an IAP one to add.

bmac

Jeff, have not been on hear in a few days, helping daughter fix up a house she just bought and getting it ready for her to move in. If there are any mugs left, let me know, I would like to purchase one. If not, that is OK.

TonyL

All single orders have been shipped. If you ordered more than 1 mug, I'm working on your order now and they should go out tomorrow.
Jeff,
I am happy that all of the mugs were sold - it's a real winner! I don't understand how someone (me) can express an interest or even better. commit to a mug (especially knowing that you know me well enough to pay triple than not fulfill my commitment to anything) , then miss the opportunity to place the order. I have plenty of them (would of had more if I didn't drop some). Was the point of asking just to gauge interest? Was the initially list of those desiring them ever consulted. I am not retired and even if I was don't spend all day on any platform. I know we are are all volunteers and it is a thankless job. However, when volunteers are asked for donations, a lot of folks respond very quickly. Few times in 10+ years, I have been disappointed with the IAP. But don't worry, I promptly responded with with donation within 24 hours of being informed of the winner. Maybe, I will have better timing next year.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff, have not been on hear in a few days, helping daughter fix up a house she just bought and getting it ready for her to move in. If there are any mugs left, let me know, I would like to purchase one. If not, that is OK.
Sorry, Bobby, all gone.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff,
I am happy that all of the mugs were sold - it's a real winner! I don't understand how someone (me) can express an interest or even better. commit to a mug (especially knowing that you know me well enough to pay triple than not fulfill my commitment to anything) , then miss the opportunity to place the order. I have plenty of them (would of had more if I didn't drop some). Was the point of asking just to gauge interest? Was the initially list of those desiring them ever consulted. I am not retired and even if I was don't spend all day on any platform. I know we are are all volunteers and it is a thankless job. However, when volunteers are asked for donations, a lot of folks respond very quickly. Few times in 10+ years, I have been disappointed with the IAP. But don't worry, I promptly responded with with donation within 24 hours of being informed of the winner. Maybe, I will have better timing next year.
Tony @TonyL

Very sorry you didn't get a mug. I ran a poll, which I believe was open for a month, to gauge interest in mugs. I don't have a list of members interested, just a vote total. We got 41 votes. I ordered 72 mugs and they all sold in 3 days. I try to balance the demand with the risk of having boxes of unsold mugs sitting around. In this case I guess I should have ignored the poll and gotten 100 or more.

There are a few solutions to this.

(1) We could run this like a group buy. Four months prior to the bash we'll take orders and payment, open for a couple months. Then I'll place the order, and everyone who ordered will get their mugs. I don't really like to do that because I can't show the finished product prior to ordering.

(2) I could just order a fixed number every year, and try to target the number based on feedback from the prior year. This might leave some spares, but my guess is that they'd eventually sell.

(3) We could return to numbered mug reservations. That's almost as good as a group buy since people have committed to a number. We don't get the money up front, but prior experience says that 97% of people who make a mug reservation buy one.

I lean toward #3.

People might think I'm crazy, but I really do enjoy the mug operation. We skipped a couple years and I missed it! I enjoy the mechanics of the whole operation, and it's definitely something I'd like to continue yearly if we can sustain it. This year tells me that we can.

To all who didn't get a mug, please accept my apology.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
One last update... Except for a few international shipments, all the mugs have been delivered. If you are in the US, and have not received on you ordered, please let me know and we'll track it down.

jttheclockman

A suggestion because at one time you mentioned that you would like to bring back the IAP store again. why not get a consensus of a color which I believe this last one may win hands down and just have a general IAP mug without a year and maybe run a contest for a design if need be. This way there will always be mugs available. Same for shirts, hats and maybe other items like key chains and money clips and do something like that. I think the year thing went by the boards now when it was not carried on every year. Not sure people are buying the mug for the year thing. Or make certain years as anniversary years like every 5 years

TonyL

Tony @TonyL

Very sorry you didn't get a mug. I ran a poll, which I believe was open for a month, to gauge interest in mugs. I don't have a list of members interested, just a vote total. We got 41 votes. I ordered 72 mugs and they all sold in 3 days. I try to balance the demand with the risk of having boxes of unsold mugs sitting around. In this case I guess I should have ignored the poll and gotten 100 or more.

There are a few solutions to this.

(1) We could run this like a group buy. Four months prior to the bash we'll take orders and payment, open for a couple months. Then I'll place the order, and everyone who ordered will get their mugs. I don't really like to do that because I can't show the finished product prior to ordering.

(2) I could just order a fixed number every year, and try to target the number based on feedback from the prior year. This might leave some spares, but my guess is that they'd eventually sell.

(3) We could return to numbered mug reservations. That's almost as good as a group buy since people have committed to a number. We don't get the money up front, but prior experience says that 97% of people who make a mug reservation buy one.

I lean toward #3.

People might think I'm crazy, but I really do enjoy the mug operation. We skipped a couple years and I missed it! I enjoy the mechanics of the whole operation, and it's definitely something I'd like to continue yearly if we can sustain it. This year tells me that we can.

To all who didn't get a mug, please accept my apology.
thanks for the reply. you don't need anymore headaches, nor do i like the IAP serving. as a bank (fronting the costs for merchandise). it is not about the mug. it's about serving those that replied and support the IAP. I will live without another mug. It shouldn't be like buying a pair of $400 high-fashion sneakers. Thanks again.

markgum

well, the Iditarod happened(happening) and I've been watching that till the wee hours of the morning. Hopefully, I'll pay more attention to next year.

Jarod888

I like the idea of a store, but the added cost of extra invemtory probably negates the convenience of it. I would think about 100 mugs would be an appropriate amount.

Stephanie

View attachment 369435

At long last, they're here. Better late than never as they say.
Very much worth the wait, in my opinion. One of our nicest ever!
Thanks again to @johnjohnson42 for a great logo!

If you just want to skip right to the point: https://shop.penturners.org

We will be having a Donation Drawing, links will be posted. I mention that here because as always, buying a mug gets you automatically entered into that drawing. There are other ways to get entered in that drawing, so there's no obligation to buy a mug. I'll post more info on that when I get the drawing set up.

The mugs are numbered xx/72, but we're not doing reservations. You'll get a random numbered mug. Mugs are $37 plus shipping.

I'll start shipping mid week. You have a choice of shipping methods, but I'd suggest you choose UPS if you can.

I found the answer to my previous question. Bummer they are sold out.

Top Bottom