Much more pretty in person

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

H2O

My camera skills are less than my casting skills.
And my casting skills, well....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Batch1.jpg
    Batch1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 256
  • Batch2.jpg
    Batch2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Batch3.jpg
    Batch3.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Batch4.jpg
    Batch4.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 162
  • Batch5.jpg
    Batch5.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hcpens

Hey, Dan... these are REALLY BAD (GREAT.) Like with anything practice makes us better at something, or not. Really great colors, very artistic, is it PR or AL?

H2O

Hey, Dan... these are REALLY BAD (GREAT.) Like with anything practice makes us better at something, or not. Really great colors, very artistic, is it PR or AL?

It's Castin' Craft resin.
I never really seem to improve. If I don't get it right away, I don't usually get any better. I just don't get camera's. They never see the same thing that I see.

I like them. How do you get the nice swirls?

It's kind of hard to explain, but...

I pour the one color in, and then hold the mold at an angle and rotate it as I pour the additional color in.

H2O

Did you use a pressure pot with this product? The blanks look great. Nice colors. Fay

I did not use a pressure pot. I haven't found a reason to use one, yet. From what I've read, the pressure pot is used to eliminate bubbles, and I haven't noticed any of those.
I let the resin rest before pouring it into the molds. While it is resting, some smaller bubbles come to the surface and disappear. I've also read, that a flame held over the resin will evacuate the bubbles. I haven't tried it since I haven't had any issues.

Have a great day!

79spitfire

Well, if eliminating the bubbles doesn't burn the house down....

Polyester resin is quite flammable, If I felt the need I would use a heat gun...

JohnU

Nice group of blanks! looking forward to seeing some post of pens made from them. You never really know how nice they are until you turn them. Kind of like the surprise in the crackerjack box. As for pressure. As long as your not introducing a lot of bubbles while mixing and pouring down the side of the mold, you probably wont have issues. Pressure is needed more for casting objects in resin where you need to force air out and resin in, or alumilite where you have to stir and pour quicker than with PR. Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom