Mr. Anonymous Game #17 @ 9/02/2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Almond tree burl.

I'm on the DL but, I think that's a good answer... May I also toss out another suggestion: Arrrrrrrrrgh, I guess I'll have to wait for George's permission to chime in, oh well I'm pretty much all screwed up when it comes to these games.
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

You can "chime in" as many times as you want (one at the time), you don't need to have permission to do that, when on DL the only thing you can't do is to claim any prizes but, given your guesses, that is no problem.

If your guess is correct, I ignore it, waiting for someone else not in DL to repeat the correct guess again, that person then, becomes the winner, capish...??:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Skeleton2014

Almond tree burl.

I'm on the DL but, I think that's a good answer... May I also toss out another suggestion: Arrrrrrrrrgh, I guess I'll have to wait for George's permission to chime in, oh well I'm pretty much all screwed up when it comes to these games.
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

You can "chime in" as many times as you want (one at the time), you don't need to have permission to do that, when on DL the only thing you can't do is to claim any prizes but, given your guesses, that is no problem.

If your guess is correct, I ignore it, waiting for someone else not in DL to repeat the correct guess again, that person then, becomes the winner, capish...??:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Capish!
Looks like 33BL
Jeff

Skeleton2014

I doubt if it's Tasmanian Myrtle Burl or Pink Burl - George did say that it's on his timbers list and the only Tasmanian wood there is Tasmanian Blue Gum -- I suppose that might be a possibility, although this example doesn't quite look like George's photo:
Tasmanian blue gum, also known as Southern Blue Gum

Yes, you are correct Edgar, is on my timbers list and is very Aussie, couldn't be more Aussie that this...!:eek::wink:

Tasmanian Blue Gum trees are readily available/seen all around these areas, some in plantations and others planted around houses, yards, etc. They are know for not being as messy and dangerous as some of our most common Gum trees that drop dead branches all the time and some quite large.

Cheerss
George

Hmm...on the other hand, what could be more Aussie than "18" but does that fit some of the other clues???
Jeff

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Hey George - does the wood smell like cooked bacon when it's cut green?

Seems to me there's a distinctly Australian wood with that characteristic.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
No one has guessed:
#9 Colonial Red Gum - Special

not sure what the "special" is, but I just wonder ....

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I`d swear it was a Red Herring tree , as George uses them frequently , but I don`t see it on his list . (That will probably get me permanently on the disabled list !!)

I'm pretty sure that the Red Herring tree only grows in St. Olaf, MN

robutacion

I`d swear it was a Red Herring tree , as George uses them frequently , but I don`t see it on his list . (That will probably get me permanently on the disabled list !!)

Very funny Wayne however, apart from the fish with the name Herring that I know about, it got me thinking if there was actually a tree with such name so, I did a Google search on "Red Herring tree", the result was this, https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Red+Herring+tree&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=yJDaVKujAoPbmgWgg4GQCQ&ved=0CD4Q7Ak&biw=1536&bih=758&dpr=1.25 and I can't see any of interest or I use, hahahah...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Well, is almost time to wrap this one but before I do, let me show you, the other side of the piece/board I have on the opening post as the question pic,
041-b.jpg
it may give you a better view to what it is, probably too easy of a guess, if I had used it instead so, now you should be able to recognise it, huh...???:biggrin:

There is something else, that you folks have been missing and that is in regards to that Note I made on the opening post about the invisible ink, no one had mentioned anything about it or even ask what it was, some of you I know that are not new to this trick so, I may have been giving clues along the way with the invisible ink but no one looked for them, shame really...!:eek::wink: some call them, trees tities...!

So, have I got your attention now...???

Cheers
George

robutacion

And I did look for the invisible ink.. but dang near ruined my computer trying to put water on my screen!

Hahahahah, sorry but, that is not the way you look for text that was written with an invisible ink or is invisible...!:biggrin:

In fact, my last clue was written on my last post and after I put the "wink" character. Highlight a couple of inches in from of it and tell me what you see...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

and I want direction how to DO that too.. cause the lemon juice I use on my screen makes my computer smell good.. but leaves streaks

Hah, that's easy mate, and a lot less messy than rubbing lemon juice all over you monitor screen, huh...?

OK so, open a post and type something on it, have you got that done...??? Ok so now, highlight what you wrote or part of it and look at the editing toolbar just above the text, you will see a big A with a thick black line under it, got it...??? now, that is your text colour chart, so you can change the text colours from the set black colour, if you select the white colour, what do you think that it will do...??? that's right, the text become white, which is the same colour of the background so, is there but you can't see it, until you highlight it, capish...?

OK, now you know how its done so, stop wasting lemons...!:eek::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom