MPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

taz442

This was my first MPG and I already can't wait for next years event. I would like to thank the crew that organized this event as they did a fantastic job.

The amount and quality of the information delivered by the presenters was almost overwhelming. Being new to pen turning, many questions were answered and many new projects are spinning around my head now. The hands on demos left you wanting more and has got me thinking about new techniques in my future.

Lastly, I have viewed the IAP Collection online and it does not compare to seeing them in person and being able to handle them. They are all truly stunning pieces of art.

This is an event that should not be missed.

Magicbob

Just a quick note to let those of you who missed it the type of people that attended MPG 2016. As you know we had two lathes to give away (our sponsors are great), the winner of the Ricon was Bob Jackson, he immediately stood up pointed to a young man in attendance with his father and said " Go get your lathe, it's yours."
It is men like Bob Jackson who are always giving and helping that make me proud to belong to the IAP and honored to serve on the planning team for MPG.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Let me add my two cents! Although I've enjoyed every pen event I've been to over the years, MPG 2016 was outstanding. The Ohio Chapter - Jon, Jason, Larry, Bob M., Bob J., Mike, and Mark - you guys did a great job!

We had great demonstrators and very informative sessions. Special thanks to Curtis for trekking from warm Texas to this ridiculously cold and snowy "spring" we're having in Ohio, and for doing two great demos.

It was great to reconnect with people I've met previously, and a special pleasure to shake some hands for the first time. I hesitate to mention any names because I truly enjoyed seeing everyone and I don't want to forget anyone, but two very long time members I was thrilled to meet were Perry Bridges and Jim Schrand. Thank you both for making the trip!

If you've never been to a pen gathering, I encourage you to get to one! Putting names to faces and making new friends is a priceless experience.

Top Bottom