MPG (IL) demo list and help needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

Here is a tentative list of what I have so far. How accurate is the list for those that have either suggested they can help out, or for those that just given me a idea of what they can demo?
It's easy for me to schedule myself, but I would prefer not to do 3 demos. Possibly 2 on Friday and one on Saturday. What am I forgetting? ANYONE ELSE? PLEASE! Anyone else care to share a technique or skill? Demos can be as short as 30 minutes, so just sharing any technique, tool, finish, marketing, etc.... Forgive me if I forgot anyone in the demo list, just speak up!!!!!!!!

So far on Friday; Rich Coers - Turning pendant necklaces and/or optic hollowing system for hollow forms. So far on Saturday ; Rich Coers - Dying wood blanks on the lathe. Single and multiple layers of color. Ed Brown - (1) Carbide tipped tools (2) Trends in Penmaking, current and future. John U - The alternative to casting; using labels, decals, objects and more. Kenny Mayes - Beall Pen Master demo. Chris Cannon - threading/kitless pens. Mark James - The IAP Pen Collection.

Thanks everyone, Rich

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

Yup, I just knew I forgot someone. Going back through a bunch of posts and private messages is not easy. Now if I was more of an organizational kind of guy......Thanks, Bob

Anyone else?

I plan on doing a 25 minute demo on upgrading refills as a sales tool. I can do 20 minutes on micromesh if you'd like.

low_48

Here is a tentative list of what I have so far. How accurate is the list for those that have either suggested they can help out, or for those that just given me a idea of what they can demo?
It's easy for me to schedule myself, but I would prefer not to do 3 demos. Possibly 2 on Friday and one on Saturday. What am I forgetting? ANYONE ELSE? PLEASE! Anyone else care to share a technique or skill? Demos can be as short as 30 minutes, so just sharing any technique, tool, finish, marketing, etc.... Forgive me if I forgot anyone in the demo list, just speak up!!!!!!!!

So far on Friday; Rich Coers - Turning pendant necklaces and/or optic hollowing system for hollow forms. So far on Saturday ; Rich Coers - Dying wood blanks on the lathe. Single and multiple layers of color. Ed Brown - (1) Carbide tipped tools (2) Trends in Penmaking, current and future. John U - The alternative to casting; using labels, decals, objects and more. Kenny Mayes - Beall Pen Master demo. Chris Cannon - threading/kitless pens. Mark James - The IAP Pen Collection.

Thanks everyone, Rich

ONE RESPONSE????????? Looking like lots of social time on Friday!

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Rich
I can do a demo on polymer clay again. It seemed to be a hit last year. I know we want new stuff but maybe there will be a different crowd. Let me know. Thjat would be a 45 minute to an hour demo.

Bob

lsldh

MPG

I would like to have bob j. do another demo on polimer clay. After my wife and I left there, our first stop was Hobby Lobby in Bloomington. We both enjoyed all the demos and am looking forward to coming down on Saturday for the day. Have to work on Friday so will be there on Sat for sure.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Rich: If my memory serves me well, last year on Friday night, there were only... 10-15 folks.

This year with the earlier start, there may be more.

But, if we all get there and there are only 10, 15, 20. I would have no problem using the IAP Collection as a roundtable discussion... I.e. Pass a pen around, discuss, critique; pass another around, etc... More of a discussion/comment session.

This could be very informal, but much more casual and in depth. Last year we showed off whatever pens we brought, so this could be similar... Except they came from Canada, Australia, Israel, Greece, England, New Jersey (yup - a foreign country; I used to live there, but was paroled! :eek:).

So, this can be an easy back-up plan for Friday !

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Why push an all-day on Saturday Chris...

Some of use are staying over till Sunday, so you can add 3 AM -7 AM on Sunday... :highfive:

Top Bottom