MPG 2015 is off to a great start

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

Really nice attendance for the first day. Just over 40 stopped by and watched Ed and I do some tool demos. A nice selection of vendors this year, NO ONE is going home short of blanks, and/or tools!!!! First year for so many tools, just coming tomorrow? Bring more cash!!!!

Doors open tomorrow at 8:00, first demo at 9:00. Nice to see old friends, see you all tomorrow morning!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Big crowd!

Attachments

• image-4017634625.jpg
    image-4017634625.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 219

jttheclockman

Big crowd!

Looks like Ed has the floor again:)

Who is the SGT. of Arms standing to the left side??? He would need a big pen:biggrin: I bet Ed feels safe up there because no one is going to rush the stage to get his autograph with that mountain of a man standing there.:biggrin:

wyone

I am thinking.. if everyone who was able to attend would just send three of four blanks or tools or whatever to those of us who were not able to, it would be like the pay it forward thing. Since it was my idea.. I think I get everything sent to me first. :) :)

(have an AWESOME TIME ALL )

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Big crowd!

Who is the SGT. of Arms standing to the left side??? He would need a big pen:biggrin: I bet Ed feels safe up there because no one is going to rush the stage to get his autograph with that mountain of a man standing there.:biggrin:

That's the video man. Ed was talking about history and trends in the penturning industry.

stonepecker

Big crowd!

That's the video man. Ed was talking about history and trends in the penturning industry.

That is one video I would like to listen to. Hope that it makes it to youtube.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
What a great day I had today! It was well worth the drive. Got to meet friends I've only known by name. Got a JohnU blank for a door prize. Watched great Demos. Learned some trivia about how penturning came about from Ed Brown. Met the PR Princess and, the good guys from Ohio. Hung out with Ernie and Mark James for a bit. Talked with Kenny Mayes. Got to meet Jeff Brown who, made all of this possible. AND, came home with TWO cases of Yuengling :biggrin::tongue: by way of my Buckeye Buddy:wink: Should last me a couple of months:rolleyes:

Thanks to Rich and, all who put the MPG together. I enjoyed it.

Charlie_W

What a great day I had today! It was well worth the drive. Got to meet friends I've only known by name. Got a JohnU blank for a door prize. Watched great Demos. Learned some trivia about how penturning came about from Ed Brown. Met the PR Princess and, the good guys from Ohio. Hung out with Ernie and Mark James for a bit. Talked with Kenny Mayes. Got to meet Jeff Brown who, made all of this possible. AND, came home with TWO cases of Yuengling :biggrin::tongue: by way of my Buckeye Buddy:wink: Should last me a couple of months:rolleyes:

Thanks to Rich and, all who put the MPG together. I enjoyed it.

Chuck,
That is the same feeling I got at MAPG. Good people and friendships! The door prizes, blanks and goodies are always a hit too!

jdmacdo

Well, the 3 Gen-Turn-Men from Iowa made it home safely after another great year at the MPG.

To do a comparison, 2 of the three of us (plus a sister or Gen 3) are making the trek to the MAPG. We will have to see who puts on a better show, and the MPG scored high already. Let's see if anyone can top the number of ways to make a blank without casting that our expert caster, JohnU, showed during the day.

As long as the hotel room in Virginia doesn't share a wall with the Karaoke going on in the bar, we may even be rested on Saturday morning...:eek:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
The Karaoke at the bar was top notch. Jeff even sang a few songs:wink:. I had a blast this weekend. Lots of stories were told once the Bourbon got flowing. Bob Jackson being the master of them all. Im heading out in the morning and will post some pics tomorrow night. Thanks again Rich, Jeff, Ed, Dawn, Chris, John, Chuck, Bob, Magic Bob, Jason, and Mark.

jttheclockman

I would tell you that would be a very interesting topic to have started here. The history and progress of the Penturning business. Not sure how many veteran pen turners there are here but I am sure that would make for some interesting stories. If i remember I think this topic was touched on years ago here but it would be interesting to see how much further we came and maybe a little insight as to where we are heading. There are some people here that have been on the selling circuit for many years and have seen the changes from their perspective. You can then have some of the vendors add their perspective. Along with the average buyers and pen makers adding their thoughts. I like the idea.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
as many people were there, and with the technology of cell phones, im really surprised Jeff was the only person to post pictures.

Ive got quite a few pics. Mark took a bunch as well. Internet connection isn't very good to upload a bunch of pics. Ill post tomorrow from home. I also provided lots of Bourbon knowledge to the Ohio guys.

low_48

I would tell you that would be a very interesting topic to have started here. The history and progress of the Penturning business. Not sure how many veteran pen turners there are here but I am sure that would make for some interesting stories. If i remember I think this topic was touched on years ago here but it would be interesting to see how much further we came and maybe a little insight as to where we are heading. There are some people here that have been on the selling circuit for many years and have seen the changes from their perspective. You can then have some of the vendors add their perspective. Along with the average buyers and pen makers adding their thoughts. I like the idea.

Ed had his notes on a laptop, maybe he will work them up into a post. It was a very entertaining presentation.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Ive got quite a few pics. Mark took a bunch as well. Internet connection isn't very good to upload a bunch of pics. Ill post tomorrow from home. I also provided lots of Bourbon knowledge to the Ohio guys.

Shoot Ernie, all you shared was how to empty the glass :party:... And we got the hang of that...

Top Bottom