mother board pen from bruce

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from altaciii

altaciii

I recieved this blank from Bruce last week. Turned it this morning and am quite pleased with the way it came out. Dressed it in a two tone brushed chrome from Ernie at BTW and polished to 12k mm then wet sanded to the same. :):):)

Attachments

• geeksierra.JPG
    geeksierra.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 201
  • geeksierra2.JPG
    geeksierra2.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 184
  • geeksierra3.jpg
    geeksierra3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

igran7

It turned out beautiful Alex. I don't know if I would have had the guts to try it on a regular size Sierra, the thin walls would have scared me too much to try, but you definitely pulled it off. Very nice!

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Yup! That is one cool looking pen! How much clearance did you have with the motherboard on that Sierra?

bruce119

It turned out beautiful Alex. I don't know if I would have had the guts to try it on a regular size Sierra, the thin walls would have scared me too much to try, but you definitely pulled it off. Very nice!

NICE JOB !!! :good::good:

Notice the fit on the ends. You got it just rite how you rounded the ends to blend in. That makes a nice and neat fit.

That's what I'm talking about.

Again nice job
Bruce

jttheclockman

Looks great. I just got mine and that is the same kit I wanted to use. I just received the kit also. I think I am going to practice on another blank before I attempt that one. They are so nice looking hate to mess them up. The casting is crystal clear with not a trace of airbubbles or anything. Job well done Bruce. If I may ask what tool did you use to turn it down and at what speed??? Can you explain your finishing process again.??? It looked like you polished before you wet sanded. Thanks and hope mine comes out that good.

altaciii

Thanks for all the compliments guys. It does wonders for my addiction. As far as the speed, I turned it at 3200 and used a gouge to size then carefully used a skew through many very light passes. As for the polishing I finished with 400 grit to the ends and worked my way all the way through the 12k mm then wet sanded with the mm again. Put some ren wax to finish and viola! A pen simular to the first one I saw Bruce post. Thanks for the encouragement Bruce, coming from you it really means a lot.

W.Y.

That is one awesome looking pen there Alex.
First one I have seen of that kind.
I will definitely put some of those on my to-do list

W.Y.

Top Bottom