Most Commonly Sold Bowl Size

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AngryRhino

AngryRhino

Just wondering what size bowls (or rather, bowls from what size blanks) you all seem to sell the most of?

I understand it's a broad question, but I'm trying to see if there are any trends in the market size vs number sold.

Thanks in advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greggas

I sell around 150 bowls a year and there is not one particular size that stands out.

If you are selling them I would make a range of sized and styles....The size and type of bowl that sells varies greatly from show to show with no particular size for a particular market. Making varies sizes will give your buyers options and increase ..IMHO

AngryRhino

I sell around 150 bowls a year and there is not one particular size that stands out.

If you are selling them I would make a range of sized and styles....The size and type of bowl that sells varies greatly from show to show with no particular size for a particular market. Making varies sizes will give your buyers options and increase ..IMHO

Do you usually keep yours in the 6" to 12" range, or +/-?

Jim Burr

Banned
I sell tons of 4-5" wobble bowls...no foot so they kinda wobble on the table, nuts and stuff. Big, 14" big salad bowls seem to do great here. We do salads for about 8 months a year so they are popular in this climate.

greggas

Do you usually keep yours in the 6" to 12" range, or +/-?

I sell from 4" to 18" in diameter and about 3"-6" high
Folks buy bowls for two reason 1) for functional purposes...in these cases I try to think what they will be used for and then do some research to see what sizes fit the use. and 2) for display/collecting...these are my favorite to make as all the rules go out the window and the art takes over ( and the prices go up!)

SDB777

The size of my bowls is determined by the size and thickness of my 'board'...yup, RingMaster. Of the nine I have made I have only one left, where the 7 'regular' bowls are all still hoping for homes(and they are priced less).

Bowls that are selling for me are between 5" and 7" diameter, and 3-1/2" and 4-3/4" depth.

Hope that helps....

Scott (RM takes a 1/10 of the time too) B

Top Bottom