More Justification

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from beck3906

beck3906

Besides the pens, I make a few other things to carry to some shows. What I display depends on the type of market I'm in.

And there is a 2 year old photo of my booth at a Christmas street fair. Things are changing for the booth when I go to up-scale shows.

Attachments

• Rick Beckham - Wood Trinket Box.jpg
    Rick Beckham - Wood Trinket Box.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 180
  • Rick Beckham - Wood Stopper.jpg
    Rick Beckham - Wood Stopper.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Rick Beckham - Wood Bowl.jpg
    Rick Beckham - Wood Bowl.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 175
  • desk-stand.jpg
    desk-stand.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 235
  • Rick Beckham - Booth.jpg
    Rick Beckham - Booth.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 273

Lucky2

How many pens do you usually stock per show, and of the amount how many do you usually sell per show? It looks as if you have plenty of them on display in the picture.
Len

beck3906

My philosophy on stocking pens is different than many folks. I make things for the enjoyment of making them, which adds to my stock. I'll buy a few of a new laser kit just to make them and see what they look like. I have about 400 sierras of various styles and designs because I like making the new things. Total pens...will approach 1000 by the fall selling season.

Now, my idea is to have what a customer asks for. If they want a certain wood, I try to have it in some style pen. If they ask for something maybe with a laser design, I'll try to have what I can.

I've made a few things recently that I'm taking out of inventory for various reasons. Some are things I like and want to keep them for personal use.

As to how many I sell....
Different story. Some shows I do are a bust on pens and I may sell 3-5. Other shows and I may sell several more. My typical selling price for pens are in the $85-$125 range for any show as customers seem to like the mid-range of what I sell. Hopefully this will change as I begin to offer newer pen styles in upper price ranges.

The display in the picture is a design I use when doing ceratin outdoor events where there are activities for kids, entertainment, etc. I display a variety of products hoping to catch someone's interest.

I'm working on a new display for better shows and hope to have it ready for public showing in the next 2 months.

Top Bottom