More Experiments with Pendants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Grizz

Grizz

Banned
Here are a couple I started off at the scroll saw. Not too complicated, but I may be building on to some ideas. Cherry and Walnut are the woods.

Attachments

• Cherry and Walnut.jpg
    Cherry and Walnut.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 491
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

Seeing your skill level with a scroll saw have you thought of just doing a plain pendant and then scrolling a flower or some other design into it Jon?

Either way..keep up the good work.

Grizz

Banned
Seeing your skill level with a scroll saw have you thought of just doing a plain pendant and then scrolling a flower or some other design into it Jon?

Either way..keep up the good work.

Yea, I'm working on some ideas.

broitblat

I like it!

I've been thinking about something along the same lines, but I don't know that I have the skill (or the saw) to pull off what I want to do.

-Barry

herbk

Hi, I have another question. I was wondering what type of finish you are using on the wooden pendants? What do you do to the backs? I am also having a problem with the pendant coming off the double back tape before I am finished turning and drilling it. I am using the turners DB tape I purchase from wood craft. Any advice????

Grizz

Banned
Hi, I have another question. I was wondering what type of finish you are using on the wooden pendants? What do you do to the backs? I am also having a problem with the pendant coming off the double back tape before I am finished turning and drilling it. I am using the turners DB tape I purchase from wood craft. Any advice????

The back side is flatter, although I try to curve all the way around. I use Golf club industry standard double sided grip tape. Golfworks.com has the stuff.

its_virgil

I really llike your pendants and the others I've seen. I purchased one of the pendant backer plate things but need help on how they are used. Has someone posted instructions on how they are used/ Sign me confused. If insturctions have been posted I must have missed them.
Doa good turn daily!
Don

Here are a couple I started off at the scroll saw. Not too complicated, but I may be building on to some ideas. Cherry and Walnut are the woods.

herbk

Hi, another question for those of you who have been making these pendants for awhile. I see many complete the backs first. When do you drill the hole? Do you drill it first then finish the piece and the hole or do you drill the hole last? Do any of you polish the pieces using a beal system, or a regular buffer?

Top Bottom