Monticello Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jedgerton

jedgerton

I just completed a custom order using wood provided by a customer that came from the grounds at Thomas Jefferson's home place, Monticello. We don't know what the woods are with the exception of the cocobolo "oops" band that repaired a drill press blowout. Finish is CA and I was reminded again of how difficult it is to get CA to stick to cocobolo. The pen kit was chosen to match some pens he had made from wood collected at Lincoln's home place.

He was very happy, let me know what you think!

100B1260.JPG

John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GouletPens

nice finish and good save on that one. Monticello is about 30-45 minutes from where I live. I visited there practically every year as a kid for field trips!

johncrane

John!
Darn blow out's now that's a shame!:mad: your pens look good but l think the cocobolo clash a bit, but never mind mate you have done it the way you like it and if the customer happy bob's your uncle,:wink: also your finish and photos came out good.:biggrin:

jkeithrussell

Are any of the trees on the Monticello grounds certified as having been there when Jefferson lived? I visited Mount Vernon a couple of years ago and was surprised when the tour guide said that there were only a few trees standing that were known to have been there during Washington's time. I haven't been to Monticello and was just curious.

jedgerton

John!
Darn blow out's now that's a shame!:mad: your pens look good but l think the cocobolo clash a bit, but never mind mate you have done it the way you like it and if the customer happy bob's your uncle,:wink: also your finish and photos came out good.:biggrin:

Cocobolo would not have been my choice either but it's what the customer wanted and that can never be wrong! Fortunately I know that when Bob is your Uncle, that's a good thing :).

John

Top Bottom