Monte Blanc LMAO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

txcwboy

I got a High end pen catalog today and was checking out the competition. I came across the "standard" Monte Blanc ball point in platinum. I did a double take at this picture of the Pen that " everyone wants" What a piece of junk ! LMAO check out the pic and the tight tolerances ! I about fell off the toilet I was laughing so hard !:D
ENJOY !
Dave

20061282418_montjunk1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The sad thing is people buy them without batting an eye but squawk like crazy if one of us wants 40 bucks for handcrafted quality and personal service!
(I see your reading room is like mine[;)])

Skye

Originally posted by Penmonkey
<br />That pen is SICK!!

I have about 10 books and magazines on top of the toilet. It is the best place to lean new stuff.[:D]

I'm guessing you're <b>not</b> using the word "sick" as in hip lingo for "cool", right?

Penmonkey

Originally posted by Skye
<br />
Originally posted by Penmonkey
<br />That pen is SICK!!

I have about 10 books and magazines on top of the toilet. It is the best place to lean new stuff.[:D]

I'm guessing you're <b>not</b> using the word "sick" as in hip lingo for "cool", right?

No, I mean that pen is very wrong. Not right. Cheap. Low class. Junk. My antler pens are better than that.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Unfortunately this is more than likely a case of poor photography. I went to Fahrney's Pen Shop today and the metal is a perfect fit with the body. The JPEG artifact gremlins obviously got into the mix. Still, that's one EXPENSIVE pen. But hey, you get a snowflake on top! [8D]

huntersilver

Richemont SA, on the Swiss Exchange. They have the Mont blanc brand.
Their pen division had sales last year of over $300M.

My sense is that we have less than 5% of that market even though we make spectacular pens. Slowly we are increasing our brand awareness[:)]

Skye

Well the pen in the store and the pen they shot a photo of are two different pens. I don’t have a hard time at all believing the one on the photo really has a crap fit. I doubt it's a camera trick. If you take one apart, I bet they'll be the fitting we see through the crack in it.

txcwboy

I wonder if the photographer didnt loosen the clip to get the snow cap and the clip in a certain position for the shot.But I rather say they dont fit good ! lol

Dave

cueman

Nothing like low quality at high cost! The sad thing is that half the pens we make probably cost more to make than their highest priced pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom