Modified Two Piece Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from louisbry

louisbry

Here is the pen I did for the Penmaker's Challenge Stage 1. Made with Ti Gold Kit and curly maple with African blackwood accents. Can you tell where it separates? Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

1_Curly_Maple_Modified_Slim.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

I like it too! Im not a big fan of slims and prefer a comfort sized pen in this style, but your pen shape looks really good. What a way to use the slim kits without that skinny little center band. Nice work!

Mark

That is sharp looking.. I'd say it is separated above the top band. Just a guess. It looks like it could be one piece.
Nicely Done.

RHossack

Here is the pen I did for the Penmaker's Challenge Stage 1.
Louis ... outstanding! I have no idea what 'Stage 1' is but I like it and the contrasting wood.
Can you tell where it separates? Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.
Well I'm going to say at the nib ... I stared at that pic for a while and can't see a separation line in the maple ...

louisbry

Thanks Ron. See the Advance Pen Making forum for a thread on "The Penmakers Challenge Stage ". Ldb2000 is crafting a series of increasingly difficulty pen styles aimed at honing the skills of IAP members. This is the first of approximately 5 in the series. Stick around, it will get interesting.

As for the separation, go up from the nib to where the second ring meets the maple of the upper barrel.

Top Bottom