modified kangaroo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

I just got a request to make a stylus and pencil in a kangaroo kit from timberbits. They don't sell a kangaroo pencil or stylus. I was wondering if I could modify maybe just the stylus with another kit. Or should I just tell her I can't make it and suggest a blk ti and gold pencil and stylus pen? And if so where do I get them at the same place, I don't normally buy stylus or pencil sierras. So I am not sure of all the places that sell them

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

I am not familiar with the kangaroo components, but if it uses a parker refill then it can easily be converted to a pencil using a schmidt mechanism. You may need to drill or file the inside of the twist mech and/or the nib to fine tune the fit of the pencil mech. If it uses a cross refill, then you can still make a pencil out of it, but you will need to purchase a slimline pencil and discard most of the components.

Mapster

If it is a streamline then you can do it... You have a metal lathe so use it! You would have to buy a slimline pencil in the same plating and one of the stylus things from psi in the same plating. The stylus would just be insert where the top of the pen is up by the clip, no problems. The other you would have to take the center band from the slimline pencil and turn down the center of it until you can put the kangaroo band over top of it. You should do that on the metal lathe. Once that is done, just press it together with the band in between the barrels, and put the slimline top up by the clip. You are good to go!

johncrane

James, use Andrew K99 link
1)click on pen making
2)click on Ball points
3click on Executive Sierra then click on the last small box/or pen photo, this will take you
to more smallbox/ pen photos the last box you will see the kangaroo band,
you can buy and fit the Schmidt pencil DSM2006 into a Sierra kit easy there's a how to in IAP Library

Last edited:
Top Bottom