Milwaukee public tv auction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RonSchmitt

The auction to raise funds for public tv was today, and as I was standing in line at my local cable company, I happened to see that someone had donated 3 or 4 pens to the auction. I didn't get a good look at them, but 1 was a cigar and they looked decent with a nice shine to them. As I was leaving I caught the last bid as $12.00.
I have given a few pens for local charities and never checked the high bid. I will now, if that is all that is thought of my work, I would just as soon write the charity a check.
IMHO, they have reserve bids for most of the items, they SHOULD set a reserve for the items that people worked hard to make, also.
I realize that the auction is a good way to show your stuff, but I still have a problem with letting 4 well made, sharp looking pens go for $12.00
OK, Rant over.:D

THarvey

It must not have bothered you too much, since you didn't up the bid.

I have donated a few pens for charity auctions. I am usually interested in the winning bid. However, I am not going to let it bother me if someone is able to purchase the pen for a real low price.

That is part of an auction. It takes multible bidders to raise the price. Just like Ebay, the more bidders you have interested the higher the price goes.

The price one of my pens brings at auction has no bearing on the price I will charge a customer.

kent4Him

I've been thinking about donating to the 10/36 auction for a couple of year, now I am glad that I haven't. I'd be better off selling the pen and donating the profit.

I've watch the auction since I was a kid, but I've only bid once, and I didn't win. I wonder if they would make more by creating an auction website.

Top Bottom