Micro Mesh Falling Apart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

soligen

I recently bought the 2" pads, and the MM has seperated from the pad with very little use. Has enyone else experienced this? The set I bought last summer didn't do this. Mas MM changed adhesives does anyone know?

Any thoughts on what glue would fix em? - needs to be water proof and flexible.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Ditto on the sheets. I keep them in order on a shower hook and just flip to the next grit. Saves trying to figure out the worn out label.

bradh

I ran a set of pad for about 5 years and no problems (except that burn mark on the 8000 where I forgot to turn the speed down).
I lost one of the pads and starting using a new set. That set is working great too.
The only problem I have heard of is if you heat these pads up by running them too fast, the heat will melt the pad.

PenMan1

Dennis:
I am having exactly the same problem. This is recent. I have been using the same foam backed 9 piece set of 2 inch double sided pads for years. The last two sets I bought (less than 2 months ago) are all separating from the foam. The last set that I just threw away didn't even make 100 pens.

This happened at the same time the 12000 pad changed colors. Something has changed. Either a new manufacturer or different glue.

Padre

Never, ever had a problem, soaking 24/7 or dry, or soaked then dried.

ossaguy

I had them soaking all the time,and had the brown,and the green one separate one side just sitting,all by itself.
.My new set I'm trying to use dry,with washing in warm soapy water with an old toothbrush to see if they will last longer.The other set lasted only about 30 pens before they separated.These are the ones that CSUSA sells in a set.

Steve

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
Just for informaton....I purchased MM in pad-color form. Turned a Chestnut blank. Sanded to 600 regular sand paper, wet-sanded the MM on blank, the purple and black MM color-coded LEAKED color on the plain wood and dyed the Chestnt blank. I was extremly ticked-off as it was my first time with MM. I then finished off the pen with BLO/CA and the pen it VERY nice looking. I repeated this process on another Chestnut Blank and got the same results. I now only us wet MM on either acralic or CA covered blank and not plain wood. You do learn.....Frank

airborne_r6

The most recent MM I bought was sanding discs and one of them separated from the hook and loop backer the first time I used it. The foam pads I bought a year ago have had no problems. I wonder if they have changed the adhesive recently?

Katsin

I recently bought a set from CSUSA about 2 months ago (like the set Andy describes). They are already coming apart.

Padre

Wow. This is starting to look like a problem in manufacturing. I haven't ordered any lately from anyone other than Wolftat, and they never come apart. Maybe they've changed the glue/process?

I recently bought a set from CSUSA about 2 months ago (like the set Andy describes). They are already coming apart.

Chasper

I recently bought the 3" X 4" pads for 17.95. I cut them down to four sets of 1 1/2" X 2" pads. I like the size better than the pre-cut 2" X 2" size and I have four sets for only a little more than one set of 2' X 2" pads.

I haven't had the separating problem with the 2 X 2s or with the cut down 3 X 4s.

Top Bottom