Mexican Agate Jr. Majestic...My way

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's the last of my recent commissioned pens. I'll be delivering this one later today so I wanted to get some pics taken before it leaves. Finished it up late last night. It's a Blk Ti/Rhodium Jr. Majestic RB with Mexican Agate TruStone (from R&B Crafts, thanks Richard!) Like all the Majestics I make, I got rid of that ugly crystal and both finials and replaced them with my own which are also turned from Mexican Agate. Calipers were my best friend last night! The clip replacement is less than 1mm thick with a taper on the backside so it'll sit properly and about 2.5mm wide. I reverse painted the body and cap with red paint to prevent the tubes from showing since this blank is very transparant. The finish is MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. Thanks for looking and for any comments made!

100_1782623x700.jpg
100_1793637x700.jpg
100_1805629x700.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Great looking pen.

How hard is it to make those replacements? I've never liked the 'bling' factor on the Majestic.

AK

Great looking pen.

How hard is it to make those replacements? I've never liked the 'bling' factor on the Majestic.

AK
Like Andrew, I really like the replacements but I don't know how to do tyhat. Anyone want to share??

It can be very tedious bc the replacements are very small and delicate. Especially on the Jr's. If you follow the tutorial for turning finials by turbowagon (VERY well done btw!) it'll show you how that part is done. I guess I'll have to try my hand at making a tutorial for the clip.

Lenny

Well Done Jonathan!

I really like that Mexican Agate and what you've done with that kit!

I know the different tru-stones vary in degree of dificulty turning ... how would you rate this one?

Brooks803

Well Done Jonathan!

I really like that Mexican Agate and what you've done with that kit!

I know the different tru-stones vary in degree of dificulty turning ... how would you rate this one?

Thanks Lenny!

1-10 with 10 being get a jack-hammer and face sheild....I'd say 4.5 It is brittle, but nothing like inlace. Once it was round I didn't worry about anything. You definitely can't be aggressive with this stuff. It took me forever just to do the finials and clip last night.

wizard

Jonathan, That is a gorgeous pen!! I love the way you customized your kit.
It really stands out. Extremely creative. Thanks so much for showing!! Regards, Doc

PenPal

Johnathon,

Educative evening from over here your personalised pen stands alone colour for colour applied in sympathy and wisdom by you. I had visions of you working on the clip end, what was involved and commend the result the top as well.

My knowledge base extended to convince me to admire from afar.

Thankyou for your dedication applied in this pen any and all rewards coming your way are thoroughly deserved.

Kind regards Peter.

ctubbs

Amazing, simply stunningly amazing! On top of everything else it is RED! Me thinks ye may have outdone yourself this time. Beautiful creation and improvment on the normal hardware.
Charles

Brooks803

The delivery went GREAT! My client is extremely happy with the pen. She had everyone around her office come in to see it along with some other pens I brought to show her (just in case ya know :wink:). Made some new contacts that may or may not lead to something, time will tell. Thanks again to everyone for the wonderful comments. I love the challenges that come with making these and the awesome feeling I get when it all comes together like this one did.

mrrichieboy

Mexican Agate

I just used the Mexican Agate on a Triton Pen...however I painted the tubes with metallic Orange and it gave a whole new dimension to it. However I will try the red next time, I like that look also.---Rich

Top Bottom