Metal nib couplers at Berea...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgray

Hey Everyone.

I know that there has been a lot of talk and debate around Berea's nib couplers breaking.

I was at Berea today and it looks like they are now putting the metal
and delrin nib couplers in the Churchill, El Grande, Cambridge RB and
Fountain pen kits.

It looks like you now have a choice between the plastic or metal
couplers.

Looks cool to me. I've had some break here and there, but it seems some like people have been unhappy with these kits based on the couplers.

Looks like Berea listened to us!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Thats great, are they available yet or is this a near future thing? I haven't had any break, but I've only made a dozen or so, but nice to know they listened.

fafow

That is good news. I am just starting to make fountain pens and based on reports I have read about couplers breaking I refuse to buy any kits where the coupler is not metal. I had a rollerball pen with a plastic coupler go bad on me and I was the one using it. The plastic coupler cracked on it. I have one FP collector who is concerned about this issue and will only buy pens from me that have the metal coupler. I have a hard time charging the prices I do if the kit will not hold up under minimal abuse. How can you charge $200 for a fountain pen when the coupler is plastic and might very well crack? I can't do that. When I started looking at the FP kits I was surprised at how few had metal couplers.

curlyjoe

I bought some earlier today. They have them in the kits with the delrin. I didn't have any that broke. They have the threads plated but they seem to work really smooth. Not like the other kits with plated threads.

gerryr

So there are two complete nib coupler assemblies in each of those kits now? One with metal thread and one with delrin threads?

Top Bottom