Mesquite "Wood-n-Cactus"™ Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have not posted any pics in a while so I thought I would throw this one out there. Just took the pic tonight so I could get it up on my website. This is a Mesquite "Wood-n-Cactus"™ in Blue Galaxy on a Jr. Statesman. "Wood-n-Cactus"™ is a new blank I am making where the cactus is cast with "Worthless Wood". This is NOT a segmented blank. The finish is CA.

Thanks for looking!

1_WNC1.jpg

WNC3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

WOW Curtis!!! That is just FANTASTIC!!!!!! Every combination you have there is perfect! And not to mention your pics are KILLER!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

USAFVET98

Curtis,
That is a great idea to join the two. Your work is always amazing, but I think I like this idea the most. Great job and looking forward to trying one of those out when I get some money together..
That blue galaxy is a cool mixture as well.

jyreene

Nice, looks like I'll have to convince the wife once again to buy more blanks. You guys need to quit making such nice looking things.

Richwall

What can I say but Wow, like allways your blanks and finishing are awesome, do you have any for sale? I would like to try a couple. Richard

el_d

Looks like we can start to beg for a demonstration for the next IAP chapter meeting. :biggrin: :bananen_smilies008::bananen_smilies046:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. To answer a couple questions...

I use a home made photo tent that I made out of mesquite and a white bed sheet! It is very fancy with screen spling to hold the while sheet material in place and it all comes apart easily for storage! I also use 3 5,000k compact flourescent bulbs in the 10" aluminum shop lights from Home Depot. I also use a tripod and use the timer and shoot in aperature priority mode. My camera is a Sony DSC H5 (non SLR). Othe than that, it was just a bunch of trial and error until I got the settings I liked.

As for availability of the blanks, yes, I am making them and selling them on my site. I am currently out since I only made 10 or so. They are a real pain to make trying to keep it all together to get the most cactus in the small viods. I will have more up soon. Thanks for the interest.

Emaxx3

Curtis - Beautiful pen and awesome pics!!! Thanks for describing your photo setup. I need to make one myself and would love to see a pic of your setup, if you care to share. Again, awesome... can't come up with a better word to describe this one.

Jon

Top Bottom