mesquite hollow form

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

A little over 6 inches tall. Hollowed out through the 1.25 inch hole using the Lyle Jamieson hollowing system. I need to refine the shape and proportions. Enjoy and comments welcome.
Do a good turn daily!

ForumRunner_20140529_140002.jpg

Don

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 4 using Forum Runner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Did you have to work with the crack in it, or did that happen later(after turned)?

Been milling over a hollowing tool....seems for everyone you can find on a 'net search, thirty more just appear(I'll never get anywhere looking for one this way).
Is this the smallest hole you can hollow through?

Scott (shape is a little weird) B

its_virgil

Hi Scott,
The crack was in the log so I had to work with it along with the worm holes.

This is my third hollowing rig and I will stay with this one. I sold the other two. The boring bar I have is 3/4 inch bunt a smaller one is available. The cutter head determines the hole size. I think I could go down to 1" if I change cutter heads. You can check out what I have at http://www.lylejamieson.com . click on enter then click on tools. He has info on making your own system.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Did you have to work with the crack in it, or did that happen later(after turned)?

Been milling over a hollowing tool....seems for everyone you can find on a 'net search, thirty more just appear(I'll never get anywhere looking for one this way).
Is this the smallest hole you can hollow through?

Scott (shape is a little weird) B

Krash

Man Don, that is cool. I really want to get into turning bowls and the hollowform is really interesting. I'll definitely be looking into building myself a Lyle Jamieson system.

How thick did you set the laser to for the walls?

Thanks for the pictures!

its_virgil

I had the laser set for 3/16 inch.
Don

Man Don, that is cool. I really want to get into turning bowls and the hollowform is really interesting. I'll definitely be looking into building myself a Lyle Jamieson system.

How thick did you set the laser to for the walls?

Thanks for the pictures!

plano_harry

Wow! That is really cool. I had to watch a video to even figure it out. That's a lot of work - you would have to add a verse or two to Styer's poem!

Top Bottom