Mescalbean "Worthless Wood" Tapa Pacifica in Blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is a recent pen I completed. It is Mescalbean "Worthless Wood" cast with blue Alumilite in a Chrome/Black Ti Tapa Pacifica. The finish is CA. This is may daily carry pen (at least for now!). Thanks for looking!

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• mescal blue sierra1.jpg
    mescal blue sierra1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 407
  • mescal blue sierra2.jpg
    mescal blue sierra2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 402
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tomcatchevy

Awesome looking blank (and pen)! This is something that I really want to try. I already have some "worthless" blanks waiting and the wife is slowly coming 'round to the idea!! Hopefully soon! Again, great pen!

altaciii

Curtis,
You just never stop making more and more beautiful pens, do you. That is just way to cool to keep for yourself, I'll bet you could find a buyer pretty d**n quick. Great work and great fit and finish.

jttheclockman

Curtis

Great work and the photography is right on. I am interested in your phography method. I have a topic going in the photographing section about light tents. I was wondering if you could explain your technique??? Do you use a light tent?? Thanks and great looking pen and save on the blank.

SherryD

Another great pen. I may have to go to the shop tomorrow morning and turn one of the three blanks that I got from you a couple of weeks ago at the IAP get together. I show every one the blanks when they come in to my shop and needless to say they are all impressed. I think I will bookmark this page with the other one and have two beautiful pens to show. It;s not a hard sell to talk to others on why we are interested in casting alumilite when there are these examples to show the potential. Thanks for sharing

Last edited:

Nick

Curtis,
That is a beautiful pen and an excellent photo. A pen to be proud of and an inspiration for all of us to strive for. Well done!!

avbill

What a great looking pen, With the combination of wood and alumlite and topping with the CA finish. just increases the intensity of the combination.

Top Bottom