Merry Christmas pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

I made this pen just for fun , my new daily marker :biggrin:
This is a Christmas colored Marking pen . It uses the Sharpie marker refill . The body is made from the Metallic Red and Green blanks from Dawn and Ed at www.exoticblanks.com , these blanks are really cool . They are very metallic looking , like the metallic red and green garland that you put on your Christmas tree , the pictures don't show the metallic sheen these blanks have .

1_xmasmarker1.jpg

2_xmasmarker2.jpg

1_xmasmarker3.jpg

I made the tap to thread the barrel to accept the sharpie refill out of some brass stock (I don't have any tool steel right now , I will be ordering some soon) , it works very well on acrylics but is too soft to do metal so no couplers for wood at this time .... but soon .

1_sharpietap.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

:biggrin::biggrin:NICE JOB:biggrin::biggrin:

I can't wait to start making some of these.

Tell me more about the clip. Where did you get it?? how is it attached??

I haven't made any yet but it seems to me the most challenging part would be a reliable clip.

Again

:biggrin::biggrin:NICE JOB:biggrin::biggrin:

Rickus57

Nice pen,my wife want's a sharpie pen for work, I have trying to figure out how to make it, now I know. What size and pitch is the tap ? Thank you, new to pen turning.

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone . This is MY marker (grumble grumble she tries to take all my new toys :wink:) The blanks this is made from are really cool looking , it really does look like Christmas garland .
I've been learning to use the metal lathe and have now made several different sized taps for the different sections I've been playing with . Most of them are brass because it is what I have here on hand . The brass works great for acrylics and tru-stone .
Bruce , I used a cigar clip recessed into the cap and the finial screws on and holds it in place .
Rick , the right tap is a .450X26 , see this thread http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52672

Top Bottom