mechanism

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Trial and error and each pen may be different. I usually press a little and check, and repeat till I get it to where I want it. Just don't go too far. They are a bear to get out. As far as how far to stick out, far enough to write, but not too far as to look awkward. I don't measure them or anything.

badger

I put the refill in a lot, to gauge how far I'm going. After a while you'll be able eyeball it closer and closer, but it's always good to check.

rherrell

I put a little piece of masking tape on the tranny about where I think I should stop. It helps me judge how far I'm pressing. Once you get one made exactly how you like it, get out your calipers and measure the overall length with the tip retracted. Cut yourself a spacer that exact length and put it in your press. Now it's impossible to press too far.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Make a u shaped block of wood that is just the right length (in your opinion), then put the pen in the U and push trnasmission down (with press) until you hit the wood block. This way they are all the same. NOW, if the nibs were always EXACTLY the same, this would work perfectly. It doesn't. But the variance is within MY margin of error since the length is a matter of personal preference anyhow.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The length of the refill never changes. How much is nib, tube and tranny SHOULD not matter. The overall length OUGHT to be a constant.

Not always true, but off by a very small margin - perhaps some days I am stronger and press the wood block harder?????

Top Bottom