May be out of the shop for a while

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

About a week ago Lillian asked me to crack her back. So I stood behind her as she put her hands on opposite shoulders and I then wrapped my arms around her and clasped my hands and lifted. I bounced her and knew instantly that something was wrong. The back of one hand was against her elbow and it honestly felt like I broke something in the middle of the hand. (Her back cracked just fine so she was happy).

So for the last week, I've had pain in that hand, it still functions fine, I can grasp things and use it in all the normal ways, but sometimes when I do something I get a VERY SHARP pain in the back about an inch back from the web of my fingers. Tonight at dinner I was poking at it in different areas and when I pressed down near the wrist....., lets just say that I said some very non-christmasy things in Ruby Tuesday.

So I'll be going to the Doctor on tuesday and hoping that it's nothing major. But I don't play with power tools when there is a chance that something like this could distract me for the split second that it takes for a lathe to rip my arm off for example.

Anyone ever had something like this happen and might know what it is? There no real swelling so I'm thinking a tendon.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Mike, I'm no expert, but I do seem to get injured quite a bit, I'd tend to agree with your thinking about it being a tendon.
Any way have a Merry Christmas and I hope it's just something minor, even though there isn't any swelling an ice pack might help a little.

byounghusband

Mike,
WOW!! I hope you are ok!! Good thing to go have it looked at. :doctor: Please keep us informed on your progress.

I can see it now... "Oh Honey, can you please bring your younger husband this or that?" :rolleyes:

Running and ducking from her now.......

rjwolfe3

Man I hope its nothing serious. After reading the first part I thought you were going to say you hurt Lillian. I hope it heals quickly for you.

Mike, ( Got my wolves mixed up there for a minute.)
I don't have any pain in my hand, but sometimes when I'm turning or especially sanding, my left hand will cramp and the fingers lock up in an unnatural position... I have to actually pull the fingers open again. That hand goes to sleep when I drive... even just to town which is about 12 miles.. I'll get a numbness and tingle in my left hand... Doctor said it was carpel tunnel and suggested a support.. it helps, but doesn't eleminate...

You may have pulled or torn a tendon slightly... definitely should check it out. Good luck and hope it's not something serious.

Top Bottom