Match the Pen to the Penmaker Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Hey Mike - are the two lists, photo and name, 1 to 1? I other words, did each person listed make one of the pens displayed?

This statement is a little vague ....
"Each of the pens pictured was made by someone on the list"

I'm asking since I believe I found one person that made two of the pens.

Each of the people named on the list made one of the pens pictured.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Well have to say I have been beaten. After about 10 hours of torture, I have exhausted every possible way that I can think of to match the stars. I came up 23 short. I wish I could say it has been fun but I have seen enough pens to last a life time. Those that complete this, I tip my hat to you. Those that are still trying I wish the best of luck to you. Any prize you get will be well worth it. I really was not playing for a prize but wanted to test myself. I am not computer savvy enough to work this through:)

I think I will enter the shop and perform some more arranging. I am tapping out. :)

mbroberg

I made an error! Can you believe it? :rolleyes:

Photo #25 was done in 2014, not 2015. :eek:

Scratch Photo 25 and papaturner off your lists.:wink:

mbroberg

Well have to say I have been beaten. After about 10 hours of torture, I have exhausted every possible way that I can think of to match the stars. I came up 23 short. I wish I could say it has been fun but I have seen enough pens to last a life time. Those that complete this, I tip my hat to you. Those that are still trying I wish the best of luck to you. Any prize you get will be well worth it. I really was not playing for a prize but wanted to test myself. I am not computer savvy enough to work this through:)

I think I will enter the shop and perform some more arranging. I am tapping out. :)

Hey John, there are 4 days left and you are 75% done. Don't give up yet!

I am perfectly willing to throw out some hints if you tell me which ones have you stumped.

mbroberg

Another Prize!!!

The President and CEO of Birthday Bash 12 just contacted me from Birthday Bash Central in beautiful Ft. Myers, FL. He has provided another prize for this contest. A Box of Blanks valued at approximately $25 will be awarded to the lucky winner of a drawing from ALL entries (not just correct entries). So as the contest winds down in about 4 days send in what you have, even if it is not complete or possibly wrong. It will be included in this special drawing.

Thank you Stonepecker for donating the Box of Blanks.

jttheclockman

Hey John, there are 4 days left and you are 75% done. Don't give up yet!

I am perfectly willing to throw out some hints if you tell me which ones have you stumped.

It is not fair Mike. others are not having the troubles I had so let them have some fun. I have the hardest time with the members that have the most posts and never made an album. Then if someone other than the person who made the pen posts it throws another wrench in the deal. The past contests in the year 2015 was somewhat of a help. There is one that I should know because I have commented on it and remember seeing it but for the life of me his name escapes me. I know I will kick myself when I find that one out. It is the one that stands out the most in all the photos. There is only one person who can make them.

I bet you were in front of a computer a long time making this one up. :)

mbroberg

Maverick KB

Once I get back to my desktop where I have it saved I'm submitting my (completed) form before something else changes...

Found them all, even before they were removed, so it is possible to everyone out there struggling.

Maverick KB

Well, maybe you are down to 8.

I am removing photo #17 from the pen photos and Jimm1 from the list of penmakers.

I used this photo because I found it in the Members Photo Album, posted 1/30/15.
http://www.penturners.org/photos/index.php?n=27261

It turns out that it was posted on 12/20/14, here:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/post-your-holiday-turnings-gifts-128564/#post1727459

To avoid confusion consider it a gimmee

It was also posted as a reply to another fan who'd made a similar pen. That's at least 3 locations to match this pen to the maker... I'd call it a gimmee anyway. :)

Krash

This was super hard. :eek:

I had to make a couple educated guesses because I just couldn't find the actual pictures. :confused:

But, once I got it down to 3-4, it seemed obvious whose were whose. But I may be all off ... who knows.

I had fun and saw a bunch ... a bunch , of great pens! :biggrin:

jttheclockman

I had to make a couple educated guesses because I just couldn't find the actual pictures. :confused:

But, once I got it down to 3-4, it seemed obvious whose were whose. But I may be all off ... who knows.

Yea and if anyone dares tell Mike this was easy they are banned from this site and all sites on the internet for life:biggrin:

Krash

Yea and if anyone dares tell Mike this was easy they are banned from this site and all sites on the internet for life:biggrin:

Seriously ! :befuddled:

mbroberg

I have had 3 completed entries submitted so far. 2 of them are 100% correct, the 3rd one missed 2 (had the matches reversed).

Hahahahahahahahaha

It makes me laugh that three people will lie awake in bed tonight wondering if THEY are the person who got less than perfect! :bananen_smilies008::clown::bananen_smilies008:

Maverick KB

I have had 3 completed entries submitted so far. 2 of them are 100% correct, the 3rd one missed 2 (had the matches reversed).

Hahahahahahahahaha

It makes me laugh that three people will lie awake in bed tonight wondering if THEY are the person who got less than perfect! :bananen_smilies008::clown::bananen_smilies008:

THAT is pure EVIL!! :eek:

A comment like that could drive a compulsive person to redo the entire thing just to verify results. On the other hand, a truly compulsive person would have already saved the links to each.

mbroberg

Hahahahahahahahaha

THAT is pure EVIL!! :eek:

A comment like that could drive a compulsive person to redo the entire thing just to verify results. On the other hand, a truly compulsive person would have already saved the links to each.

Fear not! When the contest is over I will post an answer sheet complete with the links to the photos.

mbroberg

I'm already planning for next year. Maybe I'll use some filters. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 184
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 229

Krash

Hahahahahahahahaha

It's me. I had to make an educated guess on the last few. I just looked at the pen and compared it to each persons previous work for similarity. I guess similar ain't so much the same!

But hey, three prizes, three entries. Let me look that up cause I'm thinking I may be in the running.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Well I have to say, after i said I was tapping out I thought long and hard about how much time I spent to get 80 of them why not just keep going and I did. Now I have to figure out how to submit my entry. That may be more of a challenge than the contest itself. :) This was very hard. hats off to the creator.

jttheclockman

OK Mike without sounding like a real fool, can you walk me through how I enter the numbers on the sheets and then how do I save this so I can send it to you. I was lucky to get this far.:biggrin: Thanks

mbroberg

OK Mike without sounding like a real fool, can you walk me through how I enter the numbers on the sheets and then how do I save this so I can send it to you. I was lucky to get this far.:biggrin: Thanks

I'll give it a shot!

Enter the numbers in the column next to the names. Make sure the number of the pen is next to the name of the person you believe made it.

The easiest way to get it to me is, once you have all the numbers filled in, click on "File" at the top left portion of the sheet. You will open a drop down menu. go down to "email as attachment". A form will come up. In the box under "To (required)" put pen2penmaker@gmail.com then click on send.

jttheclockman

I'll give it a shot!

Enter the numbers in the column next to the names. Make sure the number of the pen is next to the name of the person you believe made it.

The easiest way to get it to me is, once you have all the numbers filled in, click on "File" at the top left portion of the sheet. You will open a drop down menu. go down to "email as attachment". A form will come up. In the box under "To (required)" put pen2penmaker@gmail.com then click on send.

I can not get past the first part. How do I enter the numbers on that sheet. I click on the box and it gets a blue outline but does not let me enter any numbers. At the top it says for viewing only. Do I need to download that form somewhere else to do this.

OK I think I figured it out. I have to open it in Office to be able to work on it. Thanks

Last edited:

mbroberg

Can you post a list of the names and pictures that have been eliminated in one place so that we do not need to match?

Photos 17, 25 &59 have been removed.

Names jimm1, mmyshrall and papaturner have been removed.

Top Bottom