Marble and Turquoise Resin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elody21

Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

These are Homemade Polyester cast resin blanks I did. One being "marble" and one being "turquoise" They both have marble dust in them to give them the texture and weight more like stone

2005612164623_marbleandturquoiseresin2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

Excellent!!! Very cool Alice. I thought for sure those were the TruStone ones. Please see what other cool minerals are possible!

elody21

Thanks Bruce and CJ,
I am working on several other ideas. I just put another mosaic pen on the other post with"opal" pieces

btboone

Alice, another challenge similar to your beautiful opal look; Can you recreate the flecks look, where scales of similar colored material are below the surface and reflect in different directions? The look is very opulent and classy. It looks like the technique you used on the Opal one must be darn close to what they do to produce it. Great job!

elody21

Bruce, The "opal" material looses some of it's depth then it is turned down so small. and actually like with most photos you loose some of the effect. This is actually my first attempt at opal. Next thing is a black opal. A try anyway.

JimGo

Alice, that is AWESOME! I'm really impressed! Any chance you'll share how you are able to get the black lines in there?

elody21

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Alice, that is AWESOME! I'm really impressed! Any chance you'll share how you are able to get the black lines in there?
I am still working on the technique. It is not without some problems. Let me figure out all of the bugs first. I am working on an entire line of "stone" casts. If anyone has a stone they think will work let me know.
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

woodscavenger

Ed, I'll bet your scratching your head trying to figure out how to do that.[:D] ALthoug more than likely you already have 10 of them with multiple beads already lined up for a photo shoot.

J. Fred Muggs

Okay Alice. You're about to get too godd atr this![;)]

I really the Tru-stone stuff. But your turquoise is every bit as good looking and your italian white marble is even better looking than the tru-stone. Great work!!

For Ideas - my favorite Tru-stone is lapis lazuli - it should be rather easy to cast. just nice dark blue with streams of gold fleck.

Some of the lace agates or popcorn jasper would be very interesting also.

elody21

Fred, I am planning on working on some Lapis this week, and I have been thinking about leopard jasper! Sometimes I see Lapis with gold and sometimes it is silver. It has Pyrite in it. I do not understand why it is gold sometimes pyrite is silver, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom